(Vote for 7)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
David J. Savage
- Occupation: Retired (The Drackett Company)
- Mayor, City of Wyoming since 1986
- Volunteer Executive, Int. Exec.Serv. Corps
- Semi-professional Photographer
- President, Sister Cities Assoc. of Greater Cincinnati
- Board Member, International Visitors Council
- 36 Year Resident, City of Wyoming
- Open and responsive government
- Fiscal responsibility
- Long term health of the City
- Maximizing recreational programs and facilities without raising taxes
- Implementing systems to attract and retain high quality management personnel
- Attracting and promoting businesses in our area without destroying residential quality of our village.
- Occupation: Appointed to City Council in December of 2000
- Committee positions include Finance, Board of Zoning and Building Appeals, Streets and Roads, Law, and Greenway Committee
- Past member of the Planning and Historic Preservation Commissions
- B.S. Engineering - University of Illinois
- Employment: local commercial real estate development and management company
- Wife: Claudia Children: Max (13 years), Jane (9 years)
- Maintain the high quality of services and infrastructure that we have come to expect in Wyoming, which is the responsibility of local government.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and create ways to expand the city's revenue base without raising taxes.
- Support improvements to the recreational programs that are provided by the city, with special emphasis on seniors and teens.
- Occupation: President, Wyoming Florist Inc.
- Education: some college
- 16 yrs experience on Council
- Business perspective
- 30 years of volunteerism in the community
- various leadership roles in the community and through business associations
Barry S. Porter
- keep taxes as low as possible and still meet community needs
- determine recreational needs and how we can afford them
- work with school board to keep schools strong
- Occupation: Retired Financial Executive (Chief Financial Officer from Oh
- Education: B.A. degree from Denison University (Major: Economics)
- Educational background in Finance.
- Business careers in various management positions.
- Over 18 years as a member of Wyoming's City Council.
- Served as director on a number of corporate and charitable boards.
- A Wyoming resident for over 57 years.
Vicky M Zwissler
- Provide high quality public services and safety within budget.
- Improve recreational facilities and opportunities within the city.
- Maintain and where needed, improve the City's infrastructure.
- Occupation: Graphic Designer
- Owner, PosterSolutions
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design
- Adjunct Faculty, College of Mount St. Joseph, 92-96
- Wyoming Recreation Commission and Greenways Committee
- Wyoming Quiet Zone Safety Task Force
- Wyoming Signage Committee (newly formed)
John D. Braun
- Maintain Financial Stability
- Development of Recreation
- Future Development of the Community
- Occupation: G. E. Engineer (Retired)
- Education: B.S. Cornell University; MS Northeastern University
- City Council Member for four years
Mary Ann Engel
Robert F. Kelly
- We must maintain and improve all city services.
- We must minimize the tax burden placed on our citizens.
- We must continue to maintain the historic character of our Village.
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
1 questions on the issues
- Remember to Vote on Tuesday Nov 6! Polls are open 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. Make Democracy Work
News and Analysis
- Wyoming City Council and Board of Education Candidates Meeting Oct 23
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.