Shall the Charter of the City of Cincinnati be amended to provide that there shall be:
- Limits on contributions to candidates in council or mayoral elections.
- Additional reporting requirements for contributions to and expenditures by candidates
- Reporting requirements for independent expenditures
- Penalties for making or accepting contributions that exceed the limits and for failing to file a report.
- Partial public financing of campaigns of candidates who accept expenditures limits and meet other eligibility requirements.
- Repayment requirements and penalties for exceeding expenditures limits for candidates who accept public financing.
- Creation of the Cincinnati Elections Commission to administer the Article.
- Limits on council from using powers under Article IX, Section 1, to establish ordinances inconsistent with this Article.
by adopting supplementary Article XIII, Sections 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7 of the Charter of the City of Cincinnati
- LWVCA Background Information
- Remember to Vote on Tuesday Nov 6! Polls are open 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. Make Democracy Work
News and Analysis
- LWVCA Issue Forum Cable Playback Schedule
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- The Charter Amendment Language
- The City of Cincinnati