(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Councilmember, City of San Bruno
- Retired Electrical Engineer
- Former San Bruno Park School Board Member
- World War II Veteran, United States Air Force
- Chaplin and Past Commander, San Bruno American Legion
- Continue to oppose business tax increases and revitalize our business community
- Reactivate the Water Commission to assure adequate & safe water supply
- Ensure sufficient funding for city services, senior and youth activities
- Occupation: Councilmember, City of San Bruno / Architect
- Councilmember since 1996
- San Bruno Resident for 24 years
- San Bruno Businessman for 18 years
- Member, San Bruno Chamber of Commerce
- Member, San Bruno Lions Club (Past President)
- Serving on 10 City Council Committees
- Continue to be active throughout the Community; a true representative
- Continue to help improve the City's image
- Continue to improve and expand our City services
- Occupation: Engineering Manager
- Member, Navy Site Citizens' Advisory Committee and New Library Citizens' Advisory Committee
- Vice Chair, General Plan Update Committee
- 14 years experience working with and for Federal, State and local governments
- Design/Construction Manager on multi-million dollar, multi-year contracts
- Prepared Argument Against and Defeated Measure C (Navy Site) in 1999
- Working towards completing a Masters of Business Administration degree at SFSU (2 classes left)
Mark J. Tobin
- Create San Bruno: 2020 Vision Committee to provide a vision for the future of San Bruno. Providing priorities for future development and improvements.
- Prepare a Master Plan for current City Hall facility with goal to build new library on existing site.
- Hold Monthly "Meet Your Councilmember" meetings to allow for an exchange of ideas on local issues.
- Occupation: Elevator Constructor
- Vice Chair, Planning Commission
- Chair, General Plan Update Committee
- Former Member, Emergency Preparedness Committee
- Member, Beautification Task Force
- Service League Volunteer
- Twenty -two year Union Member
Alice G. Barnes
- Minimize Traffic Impact
- Enhancing Recreation Programs for Youth and Seniors
- Support a Strong Tree Ordinance to Beautify our City
- Occupation: Journalist/Contract Consultant
- Retired Government Contracting Officer
- Award-winning Print Journalist
- Motivational Speaker
- Improve Caltrain safety at San Bruno crossings
- Plan for BART-to-SFO impact on community
- Bring community into ADA compliance
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidates Forum
- Tuesday, October 9, 8-9:30 pm, San Bruno Senior Center, 1555 Crystal Springs Road, San Bruno. Co-sponsored by the City of San Bruno and the League of Women Voters of North San Mateo County
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- For information about the City of San Bruno