(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Teacher/Commissioner
- Teacher at Central Elementary School, Belmont
- Belmont Park and Recreation Commission: Chair, 3rd term
- Grew up in Belmont; family has lived here almost 40 years
- Attended Belmont Schools: Nesbit, Ralston, Carlmont
- Master's Degree: Marriage Family Therapy
- Proven Community Involvement (see full biographical information)
- To bring unity, respect, and trust to the council, city staff, and citizens of Belmont.
- Adding quality services, activities, and programs for seniors, youth, and seniors
- To maintain a vital business community, and promote strategic redevelopment.
- Occupation: Insurance/Financial Advisor
- Civic/community/youth volunteer
- Independent business owner
- Help restore stability to Belmont municipal government
- Strengthen Belmont's represention to regional government
- Work to solve local issues like traffic and housing
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Administrative Assistant
- Former Planning Commissioner
- Community Volunteer for over 25 years
- Preservation of residential neighborhoods
- Continued downtown improvements including City Hall/Police & Fire Station 14
- General Plan Update
- Occupation: Incumbent
- University of Calif., Berkeley, Bachelors
- Secondary Teaching Degree, U.C., Berleley
- Special Education Credential, U.C. Santa Cruz
- Graduate Study, Notre Dame de Namur University
- Mayor, City of Belmont,1994/1998
- Chair, South County Fire Board, 1991/2001
- Protection of the Neighborhoods and Community
- Effective Management of City Projects and City Organization
- Fiscal Accountability
- Occupation: Electrical Engineer
- Member, California Instant Runoff Voting Coalition
- Volunteer, tutored 3rd graders at Ponderosa Elementary School (Sunnyvale), 1998-2000
- Taxpayer Advocate, signed ballot arguments against tax increases
- Protecting people's rights (property and safety)
- Promoting volunteering/community involvement
- Increasing voter participation
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Candidates Forum
- Wednesday, October 17, 8:00 pm, Twin Pines Senior Community Center, 1223 Ralston Avenue, Belmont. Forum will be shown on cable TV.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- For information about the City of Belmont