(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Peter F. Carpenter
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Harvard, AB, Univ of Chicago MBA,
- 6 non-profit boards and three public service committees.
- Executive Vice President ALZA
- Executive Director, Stanford University Medical Center
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
- Smokejumper, US Forest Service
- Improve ambulance response times
- Attract and retain the best firefighters
- Develop non-tax revenue sources for the District
- Occupation: Retired Deputy Chief
- Served in every position from firefighter to fire chief for over 38 years with Menlo Park Fire Dist.
- City of Menlo Park Parks & Recreation Commisssion, 7 years, past chairperson
- Past Director with American National Red Cross Board of Directors
- Past chairperson, College of San Mateo Fire Science advisory board
- Lifetime teaching credentials for college level Fire Science courses
- Past president, San Mateo County Fire Chief's Association, Training Officers Section
Del R. Krause
- Improve community Disaster Preparedness Program
- Improve Disaster Preparedness interaction with other government agencies within the fire district
- Improve fire staffed emergency ambulance service program within the fire district
- Occupation: Incumbent
- College Degree in Business Management
- Commissioned Officer in U.S.Navy
- Married with 2 grown children
- 17 years experience as local Plant Manager / VP General Manager
- Past Board Member on MP Chamber of Commerce
- 8 years experience & current President of MP Fire District Board
- Ensure proper Fiscal Management to meet District needs
- Improve Public Safety & Fire Prevention activities
- Improve Emergency Service Operations funding & support
- Occupation: Businessman
- Former President and founder of Sugo Music and Design
- Founding Board Member of Be the Star You Are, a Nonprofit Organization
- Entrepreneur for 30 years
- Resident of Menlo Park/Palo Alto 43 years
Howard Van Jepmond
- Ambulance Services
- Disaster Preparedness
- Compensation and Staffing
V. I. Wobogo
- Occupation: Retired Electronic Engineer
- Occupation: College Instructor
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Candidates Forum
- Wednesday, October 10, 7-10 pm, Menlo Park City Council Chambers, 701 Laurel Street, Menlo Park