(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Special Education Consultant
- Bachelors and Masters degrees in Psychology
- School Bond Advisory Committee, Chairperson
- Past PTSA President, Thompson Middle School
- Murrieta Valley Council PTA, Vice President
- PTA Board member, various Murrieta schools since 1991
- Girl Scout Leader since 1991
- Improve long-range facilities planning to ensure schools for our students
- Improve fiscal accountability and communication with the community
- Expand high school program to include more carreer oriented classes as well as more advanced classes
- Occupation: Incumbent
- BA CSULB
- MA University of Pittsburgh
- Riverside County Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Board President, Dorland Mountain Arts Colony
- Murrieta Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer
Paul F. Diffley, III
- Maintain community support for the school district as we work our way through the current shortfall in state school construction funding
- Defend the integrity and value of teachers, staff, and administrators throughout the district
- Never let personal or political aspirations distract us from our obligation to provide the best possible education to every student
- Occupation: Retired Educator
- Master's Degree in Design
- 34 years teaching high school/college
- Twice Teacher of the Year and twice faculty president
- Monrovia-Arcadia-Duarte Town Council member
- MVHS PTA President 2000
- District GATE and Curriculum committees
Scott W. Attebery
Richard E. Aldrich
- I will put the kids' needs first for a change
- I will work to restore programs and fiscal responsibility in this district
- I will work to quickly solve the critically crowded high school crisis
- Occupation: Plastics Sales
- Increase parental participation
- Build new schools near attendee neighborhoods
- reduce class size (short term and long term)
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
- District Profile from greatschools.net
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- Murrieta Magazine links to candidate platforms
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Only candidates for City Council and Murrieta Valley Unified School District Board in the City of Murrieta were invited to provide information to Smart Voter.