League of Women Voters of California
Monterey County, CA
November 6, 2001 Election
Board Member; Salinas Union High School District; Trustee Area 7 Voter Information
Results as of Nov 6 10:39pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (12/12)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Rich C. Foster
- Occupation: Fire Division Chief
- School Board Member Spreckels Union School District
- Member Salinas High School - Site Council
- Chairman of Budget Committee Salinas High School - Site Council
- Vice-President, Monterey County Special Education Joint Power Board
- A/A Degree in General Edcuation
- A/S Degree in Fire Science
- Accountability and Goals
- Open Communication, the first step to Excellence
- More Counselors - Fewer Dropouts
- Occupation: Parent/Realtor
- President, Salinas Union High School District Education Foundation
- Member Strategic Planning Committee of the Salinas Union High School District
- llUSP Team, Salinas High School
- Board member Monterey County Cultural Council & The Western Stage
- Board Member Women's Council of Realtors & Local Goverment Relations Committee for MCAR
- Past Member, Education Committee, Salinas Valley Chamber of Commerce
- A Return on your Investment
- A Safe & Productive Learning Environment
- Occupation: Retired Businessman
- BS Degree in Ecomomics
- Former President & CEO of a $250 million company
- Former President of the Monterey County Winery Association
- Currently working as a substitute teacher in the Salinas Union High School District and at the Monterey County Juvenile Hall
- Resident of Salinas for the past 17 years
- Married to wife Sherry for 37 years - father of 2 grown sons
- Reduce class size to a maximum of 25 students
- Improve classroom discipline
- Increase the level of parental participation
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- CANDIDATES FORUM
On Wednesday, October 17th, 2001, the League of Women Voters will moderate a candidates forum for this race. The forum is open to the public and is at the Salinas City Hall Rotunda, located at 200 Lincoln Avenue in Salinas. The forum will start at 7 p.m. All candidates have been invited. You will ask your questions by writing them down on an index card. Question sorters will in turn give the cards to the moderator who will ask the questions. All candidates are given the same amount of time to answer the question. Forum is finished by 9 p.m. Compare the candidates. Judge for yourself. Who will you vote for? Come to this forum and find out who these candidates are! Questions? Call Stephanie Loose at 757-2871.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: December 3, 2001 15:29
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.