(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: President, Las Virgenes Board of Education
- Appointed Advisor to the Joint Committee of the California Legislature to Develop a Master Plan for Education, Preschool through University
- Elected Member of the California School Boards Delegate Assembly since l994
- Active Parent in the Public Schools, 1973 - Present
- Teaching Experience in California, Connecticut, Illinois, & North Carolina
- MA - Education - Stanford University
- BA - History and Political Science - University of Illinois
Gordon Whitehead, CPA
- Implement new instructional strategies to increase achievement for all students
- Complete the district facilities plan quickly and safely with sensitivity to neighborhood concerns
- Develop business and community partnerships to enhance learning opportunities for all students
- Occupation: Certified Public Accountant
- Many years experience in CPA business accounting and consulting
- School district budget preparation and compliance
- School district accounting and auditing
- My children have graduated from both district high schools and both middle schools
- One ninth grader at Agoura High
- My financial, business, budgeting and accounting experience adds to LVUSD board
- Safety in schools for all students and employees
- Improve communications between central office, schools and parents.
- Occupation: Attorney
- Product of California public schools, Portola Middle School, Birmingham High School and UC Santa Barbara (1977)
- Obtained Law Degree from UC Hastings College of the Law (1981)
- Former General Counsel of leading Southern California Company, responsible for guiding the legal affairs of over 100 operating companies
- Married for 21 years, with two children, Zach, a junior at Calabasas High School and Andy, an eighth grader at A.E. Wright Middle School
- Frequent volunteer in the District Schools
- Active in the Community: Board Member, Temple Aliyah; serving fifth term on Board of neighborhood Homeowners' Association
- Find new solutions for old problems, including lack of funds, by cooperatively building partnerships with the Cities and Business Community
- Enhance teacher morale
- Foster open communications and cooperative atmosphere of "thinking together" among the District, parents, teachers and Cities
- Occupation: Communication consultant/writer
- Master's degree in Communication
- Former associate professor at Santa Barbara City College, 15 years
- National college competitive debate analyst/judge
- Extensive experience with LVUSD schools in volunteer positions
- Writer of 3 California Distinguished Schools Awards, two National Blue Ribbon Awards, fifteen Cultural grants, two Bravo Awards
- Grant writer for Senior Concerns: Fitzgerald House and Senior Advocates
- Building cohesiveness: "We're on the same team!"
- Writing grants for alternative funding sources for programs such as the visual/performing arts
- Educating the "whole" child and reinforcing responsible citizenry
Basic candidate data supplied by the applicable elections official.
Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- District Website
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- District Profile from greatschools.net