This information is provided by the candidate
Candidate for City Treasurer - MARIE T. PURVIS
(A business woman - former Mayor/City Council Member (9 years)
- Common Sense: This has enabled Marie as a single parent of four to raise her family without financial help from anyone. She also opened a business (Art & Frame) in Monterey Park 26 years ago. With the success of this business, a second Art & Frame shop was opened in Upland last year.
- Experience: Hands-on knowledge (9 years) with the city's budget as a City Council member. Also 15 years in private sector employed overseeing accounts payable and account receivable and payroll.
- Honesty: In all her years in public service, she always told the truth to the public. Even until now, she has been able to expose over spending by elected officials whom double dipped city funds. This has made Marie unpopular with other council persons and they continually attacked her character in hopes to silence her.
- Integrity: She has been recognized for her continuous service within the local community, and has been awarded for her unending contribution and dedication to the various service clubs.
- Activities: Presently, she serves as past president and director on the Board of the West San Gabriel Valley Boys & Girls Club, and the Monterey Park Chamber of Commerce. She has been an active member for the past twenty years with the Monterey Park Opti-Mrs. Club.
If elected City Treasurer, Marie T. Purvis aims to keep the public funds SAFE AND SECURE. Most important, Marie Purvis knows that public funds should be invested wisely without outside influence.
|| This Contest
March 2001 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: February 23, 2001 17:39
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.