This information is provided by the candidate
- Born in 1964 to Ruth & John Gonzales residents of South El Monte.
- David Gonzales, Brother.
- Juanita Gonzales, Sister.
- Resident of South El Monte for 36 year.
City Government Highlights
- Epiphany Catholic School Graduate, 1978.
- Don Bosco Tech High School/College Graduate, 1983.
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Graduate, 1990.
-Bachelor of Science Degree, Graphic Communications/Management.
City Council Achievements
- Mayor 1997, unanimous vote
- Elected to South El Monte City Council at age 29
- Served on the City Council, 1994-1999
- Los Angeles County Sanitation Board, 1997
- Foothill Transit Board Delegate, 1994-1997
- Endorsed AFL-CIO Cope 1994,1999
(LA Federation of Labor)
- Voted to change city financial auditors which lead to the reorganization of the finance department. The same auditors continue to perform city audits.
- Requested the reinstatement of Crossing Guards to protect our children.
- Reinstated the Community Service Deputies for safer neighborhoods.
- Initiated televising City Council meetings on cable.
- Implemented Sheriff saturation patrols using Federal Grant Money.
- Led the campaign against Card Casinos in South El Monte.
- Supported the allocation of money to keep the Senior Center open during weekend summer months
- Allocated money to help businesses clean up local ground water.
- Worked with Assemblymember Martin Gallegos in the passage of Assembly Bill 2055 regulating Adult Businesses in the City of South El Monte.
|| Feedback to Candidate
|| This Contest
March 2001 Home (Ballot Lookup)
|| About Smart Voter
Created from information supplied by the candidate: February 9, 2001 21:05
Smart Voter <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund http://ca.lwv.org
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.