- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Congressman
- Congressman Ted Strickland was born on August 4, 1941 in Lucasville, Ohio. The son of a steelworker, and one of nine children.
- Education: Northwest High School in Lucasville, Ted attended Asbury College (B.A.in History), Asbury Theological Seminary (Master of Divinity)
- University of Kentucky (Ph. D. in Psychology).
- Ted is married to Frances Smith Strickland, an educational psychologist. Professionally, Ted has served as a minister, a psychologist, and a college
- Ted serves on the House Commerce Committee, where he helped author the Children's Health Insurance Program and the Patients' Bill of Rights.