(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Congressman
- Congressman Ted Strickland was born on August 4, 1941 in Lucasville, Ohio. The son of a steelworker, and one of nine children.
- Education: Northwest High School in Lucasville, Ted attended Asbury College (B.A.in History), Asbury Theological Seminary (Master of Divinity)
- University of Kentucky (Ph. D. in Psychology).
- Ted is married to Frances Smith Strickland, an educational psychologist. Professionally, Ted has served as a minister, a psychologist, and a college
- Ted serves on the House Commerce Committee, where he helped author the Children's Health Insurance Program and the Patients' Bill of Rights.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Selling life,home, auto withAzinger-Fittro Insurance Agency
- Education: He graduated from Hyles-Anderson Bible College and then seminary.
- Mike Azinger was born and raised in the mid-Ohio Valley
- He ran for Congress in 1998 against former Congressman Frank Cremeans, Lt. Gov. Nancy Hollister, and two other candidates.
- As a newcomer to politics in 1998, Mike surprised the political pundits by garnering an impressive 21% of the vote in a 5-person race.
- In March 2000, Mike Azinger won the Republican Primary against Athens City Auditor Jimmy Stewart.
- Mike married his high school sweetheart, Jackie Derasmo. Jackie is a flight attendant with American Airlines. The Azingers live in Marietta.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Wholesale Electrical Supply Distribution
- Education: Attended University of Cincinnati
- I am not an insider.
- I am not beholden to any special interest group or PAC.
- I truly understand the constitutional limitations placed on the federal government and will vote accordingly.
- Drastically cut federal spending, eliminate all foreign aid, subsidies, unconstitutional spending programs
- Drastically sut taxes, eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing
- Uphold personal liberties of citizens, get us out of the United Nations
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- THE CENTER FOR RESPONSIVE POLITICS
- Secretary of State