(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Partner- Taft, Stettinius & Hollister
- Education: B.A., J.D., University of Cincinnati
- Twice elected Green Township Trustee; Once elected Cincinnati School Board
- President, Hamilton County Township Association
- Commissioner, Ohio Small Government Capital Improvement Commission
- Secretary, Bridgetown Civic Association; Past V.P., St. Antoninus Education Commission
- Past President, Western Economic Council and Westwood Civic Association
- Reducing Ohio's income tax burden
- Meeting the capital improvement needs of Ohio schools
- Improving regional cooperation and planning and reforming Ohio's annexation laws
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Family Doctor
- Family Physician and community volunteer
- Education: University of Wisconsin- Madison B.S. and M.D. degrees
- As an experienced family physician in private practice, I possess excellent communication skills.
- This includes the ability to listen with compassion, sincerity, and honesty as I guide those under my care through possible tough decisions.
Gary K. Sweeney
- Health care legislation which values choice, privacy, and universal coverage.
- Environmental quality, especially through promotionof a Smart Growth agenda
- Education, especailly through promotion of a quality curriculum and teacher standards.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Lithographer, 20 years
- Libertarian candidate, for Cincinnati Council '89, Ohio 34th '94
- Kentucky Colonel 1998
- Founding member of TEA, Tax Enough Already
- Citizens Against Government Waste, Tax Action Network leader
- NRA rep for the Pro Gun vote 1994
- Member of the Ohio Military Reserves
- S.T.P., Stop Taxes in Place. No new taxes or tax increases, working to lower taxes.
- P.O.C., Protect Ohio Citizens. I trust the citizens of Ohio. I would support a concealed carry permit for the safety of Ohioans.
- P.C.E., Parental Choice in Education. I support a more open, less governmental approach to education
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Health care, Racial Profiling, and Housing.
- Secretary of State Candidate Profile
- Ohio House Web Site
News and Analysis
- Election 2000: State Candidate Forum Play Back Schedule on
INTERCOMMUNITY CABLE REGULATORY COMMISSION
- Candidate Forums Available on the Public Access Cable
Election 2000: State Representative Dist. 34
10/6/00 at 5:30 PM on Channel 4,
10/7/00 at 10:00 AM on Channel 4,
10/12/00 at 5:30 PM on Channel 4,
10/13/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4,
10/19/00 at 5:30 PM on Channel 4,
10/20/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4,
10/26/00 at 5:30 PM on Channel 4,
10/27/00 at 9:00 AM on Channel 4,
10/31/00 at 8:00 PM on Channel 4,
Channel numbers listed above represent cable channels on the Warner Cable system in the communities listed below. Channel 24 listings may also be seen in Cincinnati, Norwood, and the Waycross communities. For more information, please call (513) 772-4272.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- Secretary of State