(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Catherine L. Barrett
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Representative and financial consultant
- B.A. Business Administration
- Former Mayor and City Councilwoman, Forest Park
- Former member, City Planning Commission, OKI member (6 years) and economic development commission, Forest Park.
- Top vote getter in two out of four campaigns.
- 25 year Gneral Electric Financial Analyst; Business Owner - C-Tronic Services
- My electability to Public Office - 2 year incumbent
Joanne S. Kemmerer
- School Funding. School facility. Access to Edcuation
- Access to Quality Health Care. State Long Term Health and Elder Care
- Environmental Justice and Economic Justice for All Ohioans
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: High School History Teacher
- History/government teacher
- Mt. Airy Town Council Secretary
- Pregnancy Center West Counselor
- Hamilton County Republican Central and Executive Committees
- '74-'78 LWV local president and CT Secretary
- '78 candidate for CT State Legislature
- Education: high school teachers' training, streamlined administration, business investment in vocational training; ban on X-rated curriculum
- Taxes: reduction of state income tax; venture capital for small businesses; economic development of cities for broader tax base
- Second Amendment Rights: am co-plaintiff opposing Cincinnati lawsuit vs. gun manufacturers; supports law abiding citizens' right to purchase firearms
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Full-time receptionist and Student
- Education: Currently seeking BA in criminal justice
- I am twenty-five years old, am a resident of both the State of Ohio and its district #31.
- I care about what happens to our state and my fellow citizens.
- I would like to support them in our legislature.
Mary Lynne Schuster
- Education- reform, towards privatization.
- Income Tax- lower, if possible to 0%
- Medical Marijuana- Legislators are not doctors/ allow doctors to treat their patients.
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Early Childhood Educator; Parent
- Education: B.A. Early Childhood Education, University of Cincinnati
- I'm a high-energy educator and parent and chairperson of the 1999 Regional Adoption conference with 450 attendees.
- I'm extensively trained through leadership programs of Landmard Education Corporation.
- I'm committed to empowering people to make a difference in the world.
- Proven educational initiatives such as Head Start and improved school nutrition.
- Provide support/ education during the vital first years of children's lives.
- Support development and use of environmentally clean and sustainable energy sources.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The League of Women Voters of the Cincinnati Area has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on Health care, Racial Profiling, and Housing.
News and Analysis
- Ohio House Web Site
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information
- Secretary of State