(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Hi-Tech Businessman
- President and CEO, Directed Electronics
- Chairman, Consumer Electronics Association
- Director, Greater San Diego Chamber of Commerce
- Captain, U.S. Army
- Bachelors Degree, Siena Heights College
- Strengthen Social Security and Medicare
- Restore our National Defense
- Improve Education
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: U.S. Marine
- Party: Reform
- Occupation: Engineer/Teacher
- Former Laguna Niguel City Councilman
- Member, Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Assn.
- Member, Sierra Club
- Member, Natural Resources Defense Cnc'l.
- Registered Professional Quality Engineer
- Master of Science(MS) degree, USC (1973)
Sharon K. Miles
- Implementing meaningful campaign reform.
- Stopping illegal immigration and securing America's borders.
- Withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO).
Joe Michael Cobb
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Personal Financial Consultant
- College Instructor of Economics -- Saddleback College and Orange Coast College
- John M. Olin Senior Fellow in Economics, The Heritage Foundation, Washington, DC (1993-96)
- Chief Economist, United States Senate Republican Policy Committee (1992-93)
- Staff Director, Congressional Joint Economic Committee (1990-91)
- Economic Advisor, U.S. State Department (1982-83)
- Deputy Director, White House Office of Policy Information (1982)
- Declaring "defeat" in the failed police War on Drugs and finding a medical/educational solution
- Abolishing the Federal income tax
- Opposing on every front the "social conservatives" who are taking over the Demopublican Parties
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
Campaign Finance Data
Center for Responsive Politics
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 48. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
News and Analysis
- About the incumbent
- Washington and local contact info (including websites), personal info, committees, ratings
North County Times
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.