(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Congresswoman
- Phone: 510-663-1207; Addr: 1301 Clay Street #100n, Oakland, CA 94612; Email: email@example.com
Fred E. Foldvary
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Educational Training Manager
- Phone: 510-632-1999; Addr: PO Box 9947, Oakland, CA 94613; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Professor of Economics
- I have taught economics at U.C. Berkeley extension, Cal State U Hayward, John F. Kennedy University, and Santa Clara University.
- I have been active in the Libertarian Party and was a Board Director of the Henry George School in SF, a credit union, and the Consumers Co-op.
- I am the author of The Soul of Liberty, Dictionary of Free-Market Economics, Public Goods and Private Communities, and other books.
- My interests include liberty and justice, economics, ethics, nature, Esperanto, and governance.
- I believe there is a universal ethic for humanity.
- I previously ran for Berkeley City Council, School Board, and State Assembly.
- Tax reform: untax labor and capital; get revenue from rent and pollution charges.
- Repeal all laws criminalizing victimless acts, and eliminate civil asset forfeiture.
- Make peace our foreign policy: trade with Cuba, end economic sanctions, end aggressive intervention.
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
- Teacher, Transcendental Meditation program
- Member, El Cerrito Chamber of Commerce and El Cerrito Rotary Club
- Restore democracy through campaign finance reform (elimination of PAC and soft money contributions), opening debates and media access to third parties
- Prevention-oriented government, especially in the areas of health care, crime, and the environment
- Mandatory labeling of genetically engineered food, plus a moratorium on new product placement until proven safe
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Secretary of State
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 9. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
- About the incumbent
- Washington and local contact info (including websites), personal info, committees, ratings
Campaign Finance Data
- Candidates' Forum - Friday, October 27, 7 PM
Oakland City Hall, Hearing Room 1
Sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters of Oakland; Alameda; Piedmont; Berkeley-Albany-Emeryville, and by the National Coalition of 100 Black Women
Voters are encouraged to come and submit questions for the candidates
Broadcast live on KTOP Cable Channel 10; rebroadcast prior to the November 7 election. Click here to view KTOP schedule: http://oaklandnet.com/community/ktop2.html
Center for Responsive Politics
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.