(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Senator
- Rated as State Senator with most integrity by the California Journal, 2000
- Named "Senator of the Year" by the California School Boards Association, 1998, and the California State University Alumni Council, 1999..
- Served on the Solana Beach School Board for seven years.
- Served in the State Assembly for six years.
- Currently Chair of the Senate Committee on Education.
- Continuing to improve the performance of our public schools.
- Preserving our coastline.
- Making our neighborhoods safe.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Superior Court Judge, County of San Diego
- Califonia State Senator for San Diego
- California Assemblyman for San Diego
- San Diego City Council
- SDSU Graduate
- Fix our public schools
- Keep our communities safe
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Research Attorney
- former Legal Analyst, LEXIS Publishing
- former Legal Representative, Farmworker Education and Legal Defense Fund
- Volunteer Attorney, ACLU
- Volunteer Attorney, Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Promote Civil Liberties
- Decrease and/or Repeal Taxes
- Limit the Power, Authority, and Influence of Government
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Educator
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
News and Analysis
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 39. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
KPBS Public Broadcasting
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.