(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
William J. "Pete" Knight
Richard "Rick" Lott
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: California State Senator, 17th District
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Aerospace Engineer
- Husband and father
- Democratic Party Activist
- Contributing newspaper columnist
- Education: AA Degree El Camino College
- Religion: Unitarian Universalist
John R. Gibson
- Campaign finance reform - Take power back from corporations and PACs
- Rebuild public education - Make California's schools number one in the nation
- Roll back college tuition
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Marshall Space Flight Center,co-op student worker, published NASA technical paper.
- At NORAD, Space Computational Center,did computer system upgrading
- Head of NORAD Future Requirements Section - Space Systems Software
- Officer in US Air Force, since I was not a pilot, I got out for more money in an equivalent job!
- After 15 years I moved from Colorado Springs to California Mojave Desert. Lived and worked in Ridgecrest for 10 years.
- Between DoD jobs I even worked in Death Valley for a few months. Recent work involves aircraft testing at China Lake and Edwards Air Force Base.
Douglas R. Wallack
- Increase opportunities for citizens to run own lives free of lawyers,politicians,special interests and bureaucrats
- Promote the Libertarian Party,increase membership and teach personal responsibility and thinking for oneself
- Protect the Constitutional Principle of separation of church and state and the Bill of Rights (all of them)
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Senior Avionics Engineer
- Phone: 661-572-6204; Addr: 700 W Ave. I #G203, Lancaster, CA 93534; Email: email@example.com
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 17. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.