(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: State Senator
- Member of CA State Senate, 1996-Present
- Member, CA State Assembly, 1980-1996
- Palo Alto City Council, 1965-67, 1973-1980
- Mayor of Palo Alto, 1974-75, 1977-78
- Profession: Law Professor, Stanford University
- Improving Public Education
- Preserving the Environment
- Alleviating Traffic Gridlock
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Teacher/Economist
John J. "Jack" Hickey
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Occupation: Retired Research Scientist
- U.S. Navy Veteran (1953-1957)
- Graduate - Navy ET School - Great Lakes, IL
- Honorary B.S. in Electronics (Dalmo Victor)
- Inventor - 28 Patents (lasers, electronics, electro-optics)
- Taxpayers Advocate
- Chair, Libertarian Party of San Mateo County
- Family choice in education through tax relief (see also http://www.PAVE2000.com)
- Preservation of Constitutional limits on government
- Down-sizing Government - restoring individual rights and responsibilities
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
LWV Palo Alto
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 11. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
KQED/FM 88.5 Forum
LWV Candidates Forum
News and Analysis
- Thurs., Oct. 26, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Palo Alto City Hall, City Council Chambers, 250 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto. Co-sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters of South San Mateo County, Palo Alto, and Los Altos-Mountain View
Los Altos Town Crier
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.