(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Michael J. "Mike" Machado
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Farmer/Businessman/Lawmaker
- Chair of the Assembly Water, Parks and Wildlife Committee
- Graduated from Stanford University and U.C. Davis
- Served in the United States Navy in Vietnam
- Married for 30 years, 3 children
- Work to lower community college fees and tuition
- Continue to cut taxes for working families
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Physician/Councilman
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Grape Grower
- Member & Eucharistic Minister - St. Joachim Church Lockeford
- Own and operate Travel Experience, a home-based agency specializing in planning & arranging travel to Europe
- Developed and currently manage commercial winegrape vineyard in Clements
- Retired from State of California employment (23 yrs) to devote more time to my travel business and vineyard operations and to campaign.
- While working for State, managed multi-million dollar state low-interest loan program to expand California's manufacturing capacity.
- Served on the Board of Directors for the California Resource Recovery Association.
William S. Nicolas
- Land use development
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Insurance Securities Agent
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
Metro Cable 14 Forums
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for District 5. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
News and Analysis
- Link to Rebroadcast schedule of Metro Cable 14 Candidate and Local Measures Forums
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.