(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Laurence "Larry" Houlgate
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Assemblymember/Farmer/Businessman
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Educator
- Professor, California Polytechnic State University
- Exec. Committee, California Faculty Association (Cal Poly labor union for faculty)
- Co-founder, San Luis Obispo chapter of Amnesty International
- Organizer and member of several SLO county Medical Ethics review boards.
- Key person for U.S. Servas, SLO county.
- Co-Chair, SLO County Democratic Central Committee
- Universal free health care insurance for uninsured and underinsured children.
- Require firms to hire California workers at prevailing wages where public funds finance bridge, highway and other public works construction.
- Stop the diversion of property tax revenues from local government to our state's general fund so that quality-of -life services can be properly funded
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 33. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Assembly Candidates Forum
- Monday October 16, 7:00 pm, Arroyo Grande Womens' Club