(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: County Supervisor
- Former Mayor, City of Palo Alto
- Past President, Palo Alto School Board
- Past President, League of California Cities Peninsula Division and Santa Clara County School Boards' Association
- Co-Chairperson, Silicon Valley Manufacturing Group Housing Leadership Council
- Education: Palo Alto High School; BA, Colorado College; MCP, UC Berkeley; JD, UC Berkeley; MA (International Policy Studies), Stanford University.
- public schools attorney, businessman, and certified city planner
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Councilmember/Business Owner
- Mayor of Foster City (two terms)
- San Mateo County Criminal Justice Council
- Silicon Valley Joint Venture - Board Member
- Lifetime Girl Scout/Association Chair
- Married 22 years and mother of 3 children
- Born 1956 - Oakland, CA.
- Improving Education by Increasing Flexibility and Local Control
- Transportation: Reducing Gridlock by Improving Mass Transit and Placing New Housing Adjacent to Transportation Corridors
- Workforce Housing: Cutting "Red-tape" to Provide Sensibly Priced Housing.
- Party: Green
- Occupation: Belmont Planning Commissioner
- Chair, Citizens' Advisory Comm.,Transportation Authority
- San Mateo County Fish & Wildlife Committee
- President, Homeview Neighborhood Ass'n.
- Vice President, San Juan Canyon Preservation Trust
- 40 years of volunteer work
- Children: health, education, hope for the future
- Solve traffic problem:Dumbarton Rail, control urban sprawl,commuter power
- Campaign finance and election system reform--end corruption
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
LWV Palo Alto
League of Women Voters
- On all candidates
- Browse the page to find list of candidates for Assembly District 21. Then find Biographies, Campaign Finances, Issue Positions (NPAT, Special Interest Groups, Voting Records where available.
KQED/FM 88.5 Forum
LWV Candidates Forum
Peninsula Cable TV Forum Broadcasts
- October 26, 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- Palo Alto City Hall, City Council Chambers, 250 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto
Co-sponsored by the Leagues of Women Voters of South San Mateo County, Palo Alto, and Los Altos-Mountain View
News and Analysis
- 21st Assembly District Candidates
- Thurs., Oct. 26, 11:00 p.m.; Mon., Oct. 30, 9:00 p.m.; Fri., Nov. 3, 8:00 p.m.
Los Altos Town Crier
San Francisco Chronicle
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.