(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Kenneth E. Jones
- Occupation: Chief Executive Officer
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, U of Nebraska '68
- MBA Harvard University '74
- Complete New Middle School as Approved by Voters
- Continue Improvements in Academic Achievement
- Attract and Retain the Best Teachers
- Occupation: Social Worker (retired); parent
- School Board member (current)
- M.A. Social Work, U.C. Berkeley
- B.A. Social Science, U.C. Berkeley; Phi Beta Kappa
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Member, School-Linked Services Executive Advisory Committee
- Three children--two currently attend Half Moon Bay High School
Stephanie K. Miller-Morales
- Continue ongoing alignment of district curriculum with California state standards for language arts, math, social studies, and science
- Complete construction of new middle school; additional building modernization/expansion
- Develop strategies for increasing district revenues to support student achievement, reduce class size and more adequately compensate teachers.
- Occupation: · Executive Assistant to Former Lt. Gov. of California
- Mother of 3 Cabrillo District students- ages 13, 11, and 9
- Master's Candidate in Public Administration at Cal State Hayward
- B.A. in Political Science option Public Administration from Cal State Hayward 1998
- Minor in Business Administration Cal State Hayward 1998
- Board Member Midcoast Park Lands (local Non-Profit Organization)
- Former member of the San Mateo County Civil Grand Jury-1998
- Teacher Support/Parent Re-enfranchisement
- Busing Fee Repeal
- Middle School Resolution (let's get it built!)
- Occupation: Parent/Law Student
- Paralegal/Third-year law student
- 15 years experience in the legal field
- 3 years experience in the medical field (Human Resources)
- 8 years with children in the Cabrillo Unified School District
- 11 years as a coastside resident
- Volunteer time with shelters, AYSO and Little League
- Redirecting money to benefit classrooms
- Communication between the coastside community and administrators
- Improve the quality of education offered by the district
- Occupation: Computer Consultant
- Board Member of Montara Sanitary District
- Funds must be spent in the most fiscally responsible manner possible.
- Teachers must have access to the best tools and techniques.
- The entire community must be kept informed.
- Occupation: Parent/Technology Analyst
- Coastside Mothers' Club (Education Coordinator, President, Webmaster)
- Membership Coordinator, Friends of HMB Library
- Founding Member, committee for music education in every CUSD elementary school
- Secretary, Cunha Site Council (elected by parents of Cunha students)
- Member, CUSD District Advisory Committee
- Member, CUSD Budget Committee
- Re-direct funds into classrooms
- Raise the quality of coastside education
- Consider environmental and financial impacts of board decisions
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Cabrillo Unified School District Candidates Forum
- Wednesday, October 18, 7:00 pm, Half Moon Bay High School. Sponsored by PAC of Half Moon Bay High School