(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Eight years as Trustee for Lucia Mar, Four , as President
- Retired florist/Business owner
- Served for fourteen years as Commissioner of Parks & Recreation for the City of Arroyo Grande
- Recieved Ken Talley Award from the City of Arroyo Grande for service to Youth in the community
- Received Community Service Award from the State of Calif. Parks & Recreation for commitment to Youth
- Served three years on Santa Lucia Reginal Occupation Board, two as it's President
Mereline A. Coakley
- Academic success of our students
- Boundary changes for 3 new school sites
- Securing additional sites for projected student enrollments
- Occupation: Business Owner/Manager
- Parent of 3 Lucia Mar students
- Knowledge of operations of school district
- 6 yrs on Parks & Recreation Board; involved in strategic planning, implemented budgets and allotments, involved in various personnel issues,
- Planned fundraising and assisted in special events for youth activities.
- Former LMUSD School Bus Driver
- Accounting and Business Law background
- The District needs to add new schools because of recent and anticipated growth
- Increase in the practice of class-size reduction
- Implementation of new High School exit exams
- Occupation: Farmer
- Education: 3yrs. of college, 13yrs. Rosicrucian Order, 14yrs. Arcane School. These latter two schools teach mysticism and occultism respectively.
- Experience: Real Estate Agent, Supervisor with Cal Trans for 6 years, U.S. Navy tour, and Master of Peninsula Chapter of the Rosicrucian Order.
- Farming experience: 20 years of farming of cattle, hogs, egg ranch, walnut and avocado orchards.
- Honors: 3rd Degree Master Mason, completed all 12 Rosicrucian Order Degrees, & all Degrees in the Arcane School, concluding with Weavers in the Light.
- Family history: One of 21 brothers and sisters of a religious family. My wife, who is a Special Education teacher, and I have three children.
- Family history continued: My Uncle on my mother's side of the York family was the famous Sergeant Alvin Cullum York of World War One.
- Higher starting teacher salaries to be phased in to accommodate budget concerns. A study: 25% of all new teachers leave within 5 years for higher pay.
- Early detection of learning disabilities and effective support services for their needs.
- Ensure that appropriate classroom and teacher instructional supplies are available at the start of the school year.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.