(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
George W Luna
- Occupation: Mathematics Professor, Cal Poly
- Atascadero Councilman for 8 years
- President of SLO Integrated Waste Mg. Authority
- Atascadero Planning Commission, 4 years
- Chairman, Atascadero Planning Comm., 2 years
- North County Homeless Coalition Member
- Atascadero Finance Committee, 8 years
- Continue to support SMART growth that brings good jobs, protects property values, and does not come at the expense of the environment..
- Follow through on the downtown revitalization plan and Mainstreet program.
- Bring integrity and trust to our government by serving the interests of all the citizens of Atascadero, not the interests of land speculators..
- Occupation: Business owner/Councilmember
- Member, Atascadero City Council since 1999
- 17-year resident of Atascadero
- Chair, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
- County Civil Service Commissioner, District 5
- Board member, San Luis Obispo County Red Cross
- Board member, Economic Opportunity Commission
Jerry L. Clay, Sr.
- Funding for road repair and a new Youth/Community Center
- Renovation of the Carlton Hotel and an active "Main Street" program
- Full support for Atascadero's public safety agencies
- Occupation: City Councilman
- 30 Plus Years Coaching Youth
- Retired State Younth Counselor
- Retired Real Estate Agent
David G. "Dave" Graham
- Repairing Roads
- Revitalizing the Down Town Core
- Youth Activities
- Occupation: Accountant/City Treasurer
- Degree in Business Administration
- Past President Atascadero Lions Club
- Past President Calif. Society of Enrolled Agents
- Former member Franchise Tax Advisory Board
- 1ST Cavalry Division Viet Nam
- Former Volunteer Fireman
- Repair our neglected roads and drainage systems.
- Build an economically viable downtown.
- Protect our neighborhoods from nonconforming development.
- Occupation: Substitute Teacher
- Atascadero City Council - 1986 1994
- Mayor, one year
- County Water Advisory Board
- Downtown Revitalization Committee
- General Plan Update Committee
- Friends of the Library Board - 6 years
David P. Bentz
- Avoid Sprawl -- Follow the General Plan
- Acquire open space, parklands, recreation for youth
- Support City/County Library Expansion
- Occupation: Retired from local govt/Business Consultant
- Planning Commissioner
- Assistant Scoutmaster
- Church Board Member
- President of Non-Profit Entity serving autistic individuals
- Owner of Business Consulting Company
- Find funding for the $26,000,000 needed for road repairs
- Continue with the new beginning - Carlton Hotel - Main St. Program, General Plan review and update
- Job creation to balance the city's economy
- Occupation: Roofer
- 29 year Atascadero resident
- Mother of four & grandparent
- Past Vice President of Concerned Parents
- 12 years Republican Women
- 17 years active in political campaigns
- Active in Citizens for Excellence in Education
- Protect Property Owners' Rights
- Youth Center
- Build Downtown
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|