(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Frances O'Neill Zimmerman
- Occupation: SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER
- HARVARD UNIVERSITY (Radcliffe College) -- B.A. History
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, Washington, DC -- Journalism Program
- POINT LOMA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY-- Teaching Credential
- PARENT -- Two daughters educated in San Diego public schools
- TEACHER -- English as a second language to adults and substitute teacher of English and history in SD public high schools
- COMMUNITY SERVICE -- PTAs; former board member Sierra Club, San Diego Repertory Theatre, San Diego Harvard Club
Julie P. Dubick
- REFORM: Provide ALL K-12 students with strong math, science, social studies, music, art and languages as well as literacy instruction
- REFORM: Provide curriculum, materials and instruction to meet high state standards and enable San Diego students to pass 2001 CA high school exit exam
- REFORM: Focus billion dollar spending on classroom teaching and learning -- not on unaccountable consultants, outside lawyers, and untested fads
- Occupation: Businesswoman, attorney
- Community leader and PTA activist
- Graduate of Mount Holyoke and Dartmouth and
- Case Western Reserve School of Law, Honors
- Civil Division, US Dept. of Justice, 1974-78
- Assistant Director, US Marshals Service, 1978 -81
- Seltzer, Caplan, Wilkins & McMahon, 1981
- Provide a quality education for all students
- Support back-to-basics school reform, full-day kindergarten, literacy
- Support funding for class size reduction K-3 & 9th and San Diego READS
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
KPBS Public Broadcasting
San Diego Union Tribune
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.