(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: University Professor
- Occupation: Physician/Economist
- Health Economist, RAND; Adjunct Professor of Health Services, UCLA School of Public Health
- Previously: Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Princeton University; M.A., Harvard University
- M.D. and Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- Medical Residency, Stanford University
- SMMUSD District Advisory Committee for Fine Arts; Steering Committee, Community for Excellent Public Schools
- Strengthen leadership by hiring an outstanding Superintendent and improving the Board's relationships with teachers, parents, and the community
- Foster academic achievement through consistent curriculum standards, teacher and staff development, and class size reduction at the secondary level
- Promote accountability through a culture of openness and respect, ongoing assessment of programs, and a yearly report on academics and finances
Eleanore Meyer, M.D.
- Occupation: Paralegal/Parent
- Occupation: Pediatrician/Adolescent specialist
- Pediatric Practitioner, in practice 21 years in Santa Monica
- Medical Consultant to SMMUSD School Nurses
- Former Director, UCLA Learning Disability Evaluation Clinic
- Member, SMMUSD Health and Safety Advisory Committee
- Member, American Academy of Pediatrics School Health Committee
- Initiator, SMMUSD Medical Adopt-A-School Program
- Improve communication between school board and parents.
- Reward teachers for improving their skills.
- Identify reading problems and begin effective intervention in kindergarten.
- Occupation: Trial Attorney
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1981, B.A. University of Southern California, 1978
- Former Civil Rights Attorney with the United States Department of Justice
- Chair, SMMUSD District Advisory Committee on Child Care and Development
- SMMUSD Parcel Tax Committee
- Senior Counsel, Pacific Telesis Group
- Fiscal Responsibility and Responsiveness to Parents, Teachers, Students, and Staff
- Selection of a New Superintendent Who Will Continue Implementation of the District's Visions and Goals
- Providing Each Student with an Education That Meets His or Her Individual Needs
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Organized by League of Women Voters of Santa Monica.
All Santa Monica forums reflect a strong and successful working partnership between the League of Women Voters of Santa Monica and CityTV of Santa Monica.
Candidates for SMMUSD Board of Education and SMC Board of Trustees (Co-Sponsors: Santa Monica-Malibu PTA Council & League of United Latin American Citizens, Council 2010).
Candidates for SMMUSD Board of Education (only), presented in partnership with local PTAs: (all begin at 7:00 p.m.):
- Oct 4 in Santa Monica
- Board Room, SMMUSD District Offices, 1651 - 16th St, Santa Monica - 6:00pm (SMC Board of Trustees); 7:15pm (SMMUSD Board of Education)
- Oct 18 in Malibu
- Webster Elementary School Auditorium, 3602 Winter Canyon Rd, Malibu - 6:00pm (SMC Board of Trustees); 7:15pm (SMMUSD Board of Education)
Candidates for Board of Education & Santa Monica City Council; Live Interactive Forum, October 17. Location: City Council Chambers (Santa Monica City Hall, 1685 Main Street)
- Oct 11 at Roosevelt Elementary School
- Oct 16 at Edison Elementary School (full Spanish Translation)
- Oct 26 at John Adams Middle School
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- School Board, 6pm
- City Council, 8pm