(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Kathi Marie (Fix) McLaughlin
- Occupation: Teacher/Nonprofit Administrator
- Mental Health Commission Co-Chair
- Child Advocate
- Special Educator
- Community Volunteer
- Grant Writer
- Family Resource Center Program Consultant
- Quality education for all students regardless of ability or learning styles
- Improve special education and alternative education services
- Improve access to quality curriculum materials aligned with standards and benchmarks
- Occupation: Incumbent
- Masters in Education
- Teacher for 22 years
- Martinez Education Foundation Board Member
- Muir Heritage Land Trust Board Member
Denise S. Elsken
- Support interventions for low-achieving students such as summer school, reading specialists, and after-school remediation.
- Build the Performing Arts Center and ensure equitable elementary facilities.
- Support the instruction, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of standards and benchmarks.
- Occupation: Appointed Governing Board Member
- Self-employed Paralegal
- President, Las Juntas PTA
- Past President, Martinez Community Swim Team
- Las Juntas Site Council Member 1998-2000
- Multiple opportunities for ALL children to achieve their highest potential
- Clean, safe and equitable learning facilities
- Completion of the AHS Performing Arts Center, both phases
- Occupation: Businesswoman/Research Technologist
- Community Volunteer
- Parent with children in Martinez Unified School District
- Strategic Planning Leadership Team Member for Martinez Junior High School
- Co-inventor on Three U.S. Patents (U.S.4,982,467, 4,882,917, 4,851,139)
John J. Malmassari
- Promote district policies that provide all of our children with an opportunity to succeed, and prepare them to attend institutions of higher learning.
- Promote district policies that work to improve scholastic test scores.
- Work towards making sure that our children are able to atend their neighborhood elementary school
- Occupation: Paving Laborer
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|