League of Women Voters of California
Contra Costa County, CA
November 7, 2000 Election
Governing Board Member; John Swett Unified School District Voter Information
Results as of Dec 5 3:19pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (21/21)|
(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Norma Jean Cole Clerici
- Occupation: Credentialed Teacher/Parent
- Lifetime Early Childhood Credential (Since 1980)
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (Since 1981)
- Former Science Specialist in Martinez Unified School District
- Martinez Education Foundation Grant Recipient (Science)
- Former Neighborhood Preservation Committee Member (Appointed by County Supervisor Nancy Fahden)
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Volunteer since 1985
Barbara Vargen Kotchevar
- Academic Excellence will be expected in our schools; we must prepare students for college and careers. They need the basics for the 21st Century.
- Financial Stability will be attained in our District. Fiscal responsibility in our schools will be mandatory.
- Administrators will include parents, teachers, and students in decision making.
- Occupation: Parent, Court Coordinator
- Occupation: Senior Underwriter
- Parent actively involved in education
Joan M. Stockholm
- Improve communications within all boundaries if the district
- Recruit and retain qualified teachers and keeping them within their area of expertise.
- Maintain an open ear to the community as to the direction they want the district to take.
- Occupation: Appointed Incumbent
- Office Manager of CPA Firm
- Contra Costa County School Board Assoc. - Executive Board Secretary
- California School Boards Association - Member
- Past PTA President of Hillcrest Elementary School
- Carquinez Middle School PTA - member and former board secretary
- Friends of Hercules Library - member
- Focus on achievement for all students
- Fair and equitable salary agreement while maintaining fiscal solvency
- Ensure that we can continue to offer a comprehensive high school program
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: January 25, 2001 02:35
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.