- Occupation: U.S Congressman, 1st District, Ohio.
- Married to wife Donna. Two children, Erica and Randy.
- Born and raised in Cincinnati. Graduated from LaSalle High School and the College of William and Mary.
- Teacher at downtown elementary school during the day, attended the Salmon P. Chase College of Law at night. Later opened neighborhood law practice.
- Served five years each on Cincinnati City Council and the Hamilton County Commission. First elected to Congress in 1994. Re-elected in 1996 and 1998.
- Member of three House committees: Judiciary, International Relations, Small Business. Served as co-chairman of the House Education Task Force.
- Recognized as leading pro-taxpayer advocate by bipartisan groups: Concord Coalition, National Taxpayers Union, and Citizens Against Govt. Waste.