(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John A. Boehner
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Former Small Business Owner
- Education: Graduate Moeller High 1968; B.A. business, Xavier University
- Representative of 8th District in U.S. House since 1991.
- Operated small business in Butler County prior to election to Congress.
- Served in the House of Representatives & Union Township Board of Trsutees.
- Chairman, House Education & Workforce Subcommittee on Employer-Employee Relations.
- Vice Chairman, House Administration Committee; Member, House Agriculture Committee
- Paying down the national debt & reducing federal waste.
- Expanding parental involvement & local control of education.
- Expanding agriculture trade & promoting the competiveness of U.S. farmers.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: College Professor, Miami University
- Education: PhD American Studies, Rel.B., BA Political Science
- My abilities of careful and critical thinking, moral sensitivity, and skillful collaboration come from formal education and extensive experience.
- I have extensive experience as a minister and as a college professor for 28 years.
- I've also been active in civil rights and numerous community organizations.
John W. Griffin
- Reform and reconstruct public education.
- Expand and secure our health care systems.
- Reform campaign financing to eliminate the undemocratic influence of big money in politics.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Self Employed- Farmer
- Education: Jefferson Twp. High School, University of Dayton
- Two years on Ohio Board of Education 1994-1996
- 22 years elected to state democratic executive
- Worked for Department of Commerce, Agriculture, Natural Resources
- Served on Board of Directors of mental health board
- Member of Ohio National Farmers Union
David R. Shock
- Social Security- Medicare, Healthcare
- Education- Every child needs to acquire an educational opportunity
- Better use of agricultural products for food sources and mercy sources
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Political Science Instructor and Graduate Student
- Bachelor of Arts degree -- Kent State University (May 1996)
- Master of Arts degree -- Miami University (December 1997)
- Formal education in political science and public administration
- Constitutional requirements for office met: 26 years old, an American citizen, and an Ohio resident my entire life
- I grew up on a farm in north central Ohio and I understand the challenges that farmers face in the changing economy
- Eliminate the national debt by using the projected budget surplus
- Help American farmers by promoting free trade policies and opposing protectionism
- End the federal government's fight against medical marijuana. Let the states decide!
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Primary Preview on Cincinnati.Com
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Campaign Finance Information from the FEC