(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: U.S Congressman, 1st District, Ohio.
- Married to wife Donna. Two children, Erica and Randy.
- Born and raised in Cincinnati. Graduated from LaSalle High School and the College of William and Mary.
- Teacher at downtown elementary school during the day, attended the Salmon P. Chase College of Law at night. Later opened neighborhood law practice.
- Served five years each on Cincinnati City Council and the Hamilton County Commission. First elected to Congress in 1994. Re-elected in 1996 and 1998.
- Member of three House committees: Judiciary, International Relations, Small Business. Served as co-chairman of the House Education Task Force.
- Recognized as leading pro-taxpayer advocate by bipartisan groups: Concord Coalition, National Taxpayers Union, and Citizens Against Govt. Waste.
- Reduce taxes and cut wasteful spending -- pass broad tax relief, expand education IRAs, make health insurance deductible, block Internet tax schemes.
- Protect and strengthen Social Security and Medicare. Continue efforts to stop the government's raid on the Social Security Trust Fund.
- Pass bipartisan legislation that will ban the horrific practice of partial-birth abortion.
- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Lawyer
- Harvard Law School graduate; graduation speaker
- Harvard Divinity School
- Harry S. Truman Scholar
- John Carroll University; student body president
- St. Xavier High School
- Community service in Cincinnati, Florida and Dominican Republic
Richard L. "Rich" Stevenson
- Faith in People: believing in democracy of, by and for the people.
- Common Good: celebrating the dignity of life through community, freedom and responsibility.
- Opportunity for Progress: fighting for your education, healthcare and security.
- Party: Natural Law
- Occupation: Machine Draftsman, Political Writer
- Elected Office: Central Committee, The Reform Party of Ohio, '98 to '00
- Delegate, Reform Party National Convention, '97, '98 & '99
- B.S. Biology, Chemistry, History, Education
- Special Agent, US Army Intelligence
- Multi-line Claim Rep, Tort Law Training
- Natural Law Party Candidacy: "If not me, who, if not now, when?"
David A. Groshoff
- "Can't Vote, Can't Contribute;" Citizen oriented politics
- All party politics, to include Independent Voters and Candidates
- Remove Special Interest Money from Politics: National, State, and Local
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Financial Advisor / Attorney
- B.A. with Honors, Indiana University
- J.D., law review, Ohio State University College of Law
- Abolishing the Income Tax
- Ending the Insane War on Drugs
- Putting an end to the senseless witch hunt against gays in the military
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Primary Preview on Cincinnati.Com
Campaign Finance Data
- Project Vote-Smart - (Biography, Campaign Finance, Issue Positions, Special Interest Groups, Voting Record)
- Election2000 on AOL - includes DNet Issue Chart
- C-SPAN Campaign 2000 - Video, audio, archives, events
- New York Times coverage
- Slate (MSN)
- CONGRESS Internet Guide to Congress
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.