(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Partner- Taft, Stettinius & Hollister
- Education: B.A., J.D., University of Cincinnati
- Twice elected Green Township Trustee; Once elected Cincinnati School Board
- President, Hamilton County Township Association
- Commissioner, Ohio Small Government Capital Improvement Commission
- Secretary, Bridgetown Civic Association; Past V.P., St. Antoninus Education Commission
- Past President, Western Economic Council and Westwood Civic Association
- Reducing Ohio's income tax burden
- Meeting the capital improvement needs of Ohio schools
- Improving regional cooperation and planning and reforming Ohio's annexation laws
(This candidate has not responded to SmartVoter)
- Party: Democratic
- Family Physician
- Education: University of Wisconsin- Madison B.S. and M.D. degrees
- As an experienced family physician in private practice, I possess excellent communication skills.
- This includes the ability to listen with compassion, sincerity, and honesty as I guide those under my care through possible tough decisions.
Gary K. Sweeney
- Health care legislation which values choice, privacy, and universal coverage.
- Protection of Constitutional rights and civil liberties.
- Protection of a quality public education.
- Party: Libertarian
- Occupation: Lithographer, 20 years
- Libertarian candidate, for Cincinnati Council '89, Ohio 34th '94
- Kentucky Colonel 1998
- Founding member of TEA, Tax Enough Already
- Citizens Against Government Waste, Tax Action Network leader
- NRA rep for the Pro Gun vote 1994
- Member of the Ohio Military Reserves
- S.T.P., Stop Taxes in Place. No new taxes or tax increases, working to lower taxes.
- P.O.C., Protect Ohio Citizens. I trust the citizens of Ohio. I would support a concealed carry permit for the safety of Ohioans.
- P.C.E., Parental Choice in Education. I support a more open, less governmental approach to education
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
The Cincinnati Post
Campaign Finance Report
- Primary Preview on Cincinnati.Com
Ohio Citizen Action
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.