LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
all of Hamilton County, OH
March 7, 2000 Election
Judge; Court of Appeals; District 1; 6 Year Term Starting 2/9/01|
6 Year Term. Salary $99,950
|The Court of Appeals is essentially a court of review. It hears appeals from the Common Pleas, County and Municipal Courts. Decisions are final except in cases involving Constitutional questions, felony cases in which it has original jurisdiction and cases of public or great general interest.
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Mark P. Painter
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Judge, Court of Appeals, 1995-
- Municipal Court Judge, 1982-95
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Univ. of Cincinnati College of Law, 1990-
- Lecturer at more than 65 seminars for judges and attorneys
- Author, Ohio DUI Law, legal textbook
- Author of 150 decisions published in national law books
- Author of more than two dozen legal articles
- Have maintained high level of legal decisions and efficiency.
- Most appellate decisions released within 30 days of argument
- Finished 1999 with NO pending cases.
Basic candidate data supplied by the Secretary of State.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Court of Appeals
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Primary Preview on Cincinnati.Com
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 13, 2000 02:37
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.