LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Hamilton County, OH
March 7, 2000 Election
Commissioner; County of Hamilton; 4 Year Term Starting 1/3/01|
4 Year Term. Salary $65,947
|To exercise financial control of County expenditures; to authorize public works; to purchase land and buildings; to let contracts; to plan and administer welfare. The Board of County Commissioners also appoints other officials to operate various departments within the county.
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John S. Dowlin
- Party: Republican
- Vice-President, Hamilton County Board of Commissioners
- Board of Trustees, National Association of Counties (NACo)
- Chairman of Courts and Corrections Subcommittee of Justice and Public Safety Committee for NACo
- Member of Ohio Criminal Sentencing Committee
- Charter member of Domestic Violence Coordinating Council
- Previous Mayor of City of Sharonville for over 28 years
Joseph R. Wolterman
- Making a difference in peoples' lives by promoting effective alternatives to incarceration such as drug courts and mental health courts.
- Quality of life regional planning issues that include sustainable development and alternative transportation methods.
- Manage county government less like a bureaucracy and more like a business; reduce taxes and eliminate waste.
(This candidate has not responded to Smart Voter)
- Party: Republican
- Occupation: Organization & Intervention Consultant
- Education: U.C. BBA & B.Sc.; graduate X.U. MBA, MEd.
- Ohio accounting license, recent graduate Cincinnati Grassroots Leadership Academy
- Studied service organizations under elected office
- Korea War Veteran and US army leadership NCO Academy
- Consult on business & administration management
- Studied nepotism impacting organization
- Bring Hamilton County into the next century from "horse & buggy" past
- Make municipal sports stadiums profitable & have players participate in cost.
- Reduce Columbus/Franklin county benefit of state government spread into other counties.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
- Hamilton County Commissioners
The Cincinnati Post
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- Primary Preview on Cincinnati.Com
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 13, 2000 02:37
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.