- Party: Democratic
- Occupation: Assemblymember
- Mr. Fred Keeley was first elected to the State Assembly in 1996 and re-elected in 1998.
- Upon the convening of the 1999-2000 session, Mr. Keeley was appointed by Speaker Antonio R. Villaraigosa to the post of Speaker pro Tem.
- Author of the 1998 Marine Life Management Act: the Associated Press described it as the most signifigant advancement for CA legislation in 50 years.
- Author of Proposition 12 on the March 2000 ballot. Proposition 12 is the largest environmental protection and park bond in the nation's history.
- In 1998 Mr. Keeley received a rating of "100%" by the California Public Interest Research Group in recognition of his votes on the environment.
- Mr. Keeley is a member of the following committees: Budget, Budget Subcommittee on Resources, Natural Resources, Insurance, and Public Safety.