LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
San Mateo County, CA
March 7, 2000 Election
Libertarian Party Central Committee; County of San Mateo|
Results as of Mar 7 9:55pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (522/522)|
(Vote for 8)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
John J. "Jack" Hickey
- Occupation: Retired Research Scientist
- U.S. Navy Veteran (1953-1957)
- Graduate - Navy ET School - Great Lakes, IL
- Inventor - 28 Patents (lasers, electronics, electro-optics)
- San Mateo County Resident since 1965
- Taxpayers Advocate
- Current Chair, Libertarian Party San Mateo County
Barbara J. Less
- Increase the number of registered and active Libertarians
- Recruit school board candidates who support an orderly transition to a free market system of education
- Elect candidates who will restore local control. (down to the individual level where appropriate)
- Occupation: Writer/Editor
- Retired Principal's Secretary, San Francisco Unified School District
- Born in San Francisco
Steve C. Lundry
- Less Federal Government control of our lives. Let's conform to the Constitution.
- We do not need new laws. Enforce the ones we already have.
- Return schools to local control. Since the Government took over education dropped. I know because I saw it happen.
- Occupation: Businessman/Contractor
- I have lived in San Mateo County for over 35 years.
- I have been self employed for approximately 20 years.
- Adhering to the Consitition of the Untied States
- Lowering taxes
- Reducing Crime
Mary Anne Marsland
Robert W. Giedt
- Occupation: Small Business Man
- Occupation: Writer/Web Designer
- San Mateo County resident for 22 years
- Registered/active Libertarian since 1988
- Current Newsletter Chair of Libertarian Party of San Mateo County
Christopher V.A. Schmidt
J. R. Prohaska
- Restore/retain personal freedoms -- less government intrusion into private affairs
- Use county and state funds wisely -- think about the future rather than throw money at the present
- Inform the public on libertarian ideals -- promote the positives
- Occupation: Software Engineering Manager
- B.S. Molecular Biology, Stanford Univ.
- Member of Libertarian Party since 1978
- Secretary of LP of San Mateo County
- Appointed Incumbent on Central Committee
- Effective team-building within Libertarian Party San Mateo
- Effective communication of libertarian principles to public
- Support of Libertarian party efforts at State and National level
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 13, 2000 02:36
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.