(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
Donald A. Casper
G. Michael German
- Occupation: Corporate Attorney
- Occupation: General Counsel
- General Counsel of SF Republican County Central Committee since 1997. Attorney in private practice specializing in civil rights, election law and
- personal injury cases. San Francisco Superior Court Arbitrator, "Whose Who In American Law" since 1994, and General Counsel, Log Cabin Republicans
- of California since 1996. President, Log Cabin Republicans of San Francisco since 1998. Member of California State Republican Central Committee,
- (Health & Welfare Committee). BA, University of Illinois '77; JD, USF '81. Vietnam-era veteran, US Navy 1972-'75
- Honorably Discharged
Joel D. Hornstein
- Since first becoming active in the GOP in Congressman Tom Campbell's last state senate campaign, I have worked to make our party more like Presidents
- Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt's version of it and less like that envisioned by the Reverends Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson's. I am strongly
- pro-choice, for equal pay for equal work and have consistently worked to keep the government out of our private lives.
- Occupation: Venture Capitalist
- A.B. in Economics, Harvard College; J.D., Yale Law School
- Big Brother; former Executive Director of Minds Matter; former Captain, United States Army Reserve
David C. Winzer
- Strengthen the San Francisco Republican party to restore two-party competition
- Limited government, not just on fiscal issues, but on social issues as well ("fiscally conservative, socially moderate")
- Build a party in which all feel welcome, regardless of sex, race, religion or sexual orientation
Rhonda K. Brown
- Occupation: Engineer/Businessman
- Occupation: Technology Services Director
- President of San Francisco Young Republicans
- Member of the Steering Committe for George W Bush Campaign
- Ms Washington State 2000
- Member of Women in Technology International
- Member of Advocates for Women in Mathematics, Science and Engineering
- Member of Business and Womens Rountable San Francisco
Joycelyn "Jody" Smith
Sue C. Woods
- Insuring rights for Homeonwers and Renters
- Muni-Improving Parking and Traffic
- General Assistance Reform
- Occupation: Non-Profit Consultant
- Graduate of St. John's University and past instructor at McClancy High School in New York and the Unversity of San Francisco..
- Former President of Community Counselling Service, Inc., Western Division.
- Current adviser to the Archdiocese of San Francisco Office of Development.
- Vice Chair for Finance, San Francisco Republican County Central Committee.
- Guided local campaigns including Save the Cable Cars, On Lok Health Services, Restoration of Fort Mason Center, and St. Mary's Cathedral.
- Member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the Telegraph Hill Dwellers Association, and the North Beach Chamber of Commerce.
- Continue to keep the Party in a sound financial condition.
- Work with the Executive Committee to keep the party strong for the presidential and statehouse election and the important district supervisor races.
- Reform General Assistance and improve services to the disadvantaged.
- Occupation: Business Woman/Entrepreneur
Gail E. Neira
- Occupation: Business Attorney
- Occupation: Newspaper Editor/Publisher
- Co-Founder of San Francisco Republican Assembly, chairperson of Common Sense Supper Club;chair of Liberty network (both moderate to conservative)
- former campaign manager of landslide vitories in S.F. for two statewide incumbents simultaneously, only local Repubulican to accomplish this feat
- director of Hispanic Leadership Development Marketing Consultants focusing on consumer/political profiling
- former radio host and producer
- former U.S. based diplomatic public affairs liaison for a So. Vietnamese embassy, first non-Asian to serve in that capacity
- state appointee under three governors and recipient of municipal, state, civic and business professional awards for uncommon levels of achievement
- To advocate legislation designed to enforce more stringent controls with penalties on any non-profit receiving tax monies suspected of mismanagement
- Increase longer term reparations to victims or immediate surviving families by shifting funds away from some felony criminal rehabilitations if needed
- Giver parnts more legislative rights to determine when and how their children be taught sex and other lifestyle relations
- Occupation: Incumbent
- 1987-1989 San Francisco County Central Committee Chairman/ past State Secretay of California Republican County Chairmen's Association
- 1987-1989 Member of the Executive Committee of the California Republican Party (Republican State Central Committee of California)
- Member (1973-1976) of San Francisco City Government's Cable Television Task Force, serving as Secretary and later, Vice Chairman
- Member (1999 to date) of State of California's Certified Farmers Market Advisory Board
- Member of U.S. Selective Services Local Board (for San Francisco) from 1988 to date.
- Past Articles Editor and Staff Member of Lincoln University Law Review (1980- 1982) and Doctor of Law (Jd Degree- 1983)
Julie A. Bell
- I believe in fiscal economy/ my views appearing in the March 7, 2000 and other San Francisco Voters' Handbooks.
- I also wrote the argument against the Board of Supervisors proposed "benefit package"- Proposition D (March 7,2000 Voters'Handbook)
- I further wrote the argument against Proposition F- a so called "Reparations" Political Proposal (March 7, 2000 Voters' Handbook)
- Occupation: Corporate Securities Attorney
- Associate at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- B.A. from The Ohio State University (1993); J.D. from Vanderbilt University School of Law (1996)
Lee S. Dolson, Ph.D
- I will continue to uphold the Republican principles of individual freedom, self-reliance and inclusiveness in the Republican Party.
- As a young, professional, pro-choice Republican woman, I will encourage and demonstrate the attibutes of our party to other San Franciscan women.
- Occupation: Incumbent
- U.S. Navy World War II & Korea Retired after 12 years service, disability
- History Dept, City College of San Francisco Instructor PhD UC Berkeley
- Member & President of San Francisco Board of Education - Two Terms
- Member San Francisco Board of Supervisors, finance Committee - Two Terms
- Two terms San Francisco Civil Grand Jury
- Served Six Terms County Central Committee
- Believe strongly in Affirmative Action and opening door to improved positioning regardless of race, sex, religion. My daughter is medical doctor.
- Open educational opportunities much greater than they are today at all levels seek improvement.
- Encourage a wider universally affordable & provided health plan.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|