(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
Jerry D. Threet
- Occupation: Civil Rights Organizer
- Occupation: Housing and Employment Rights Attorney Attorney
- San Francisco Tenants Union, Steering Committee Member
- Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Club, Executive Board Member
- Masters Public Policy/ J.D. Law - University of Texas
- Member & Volunteer, Glide Memorial Church
- Volunteer, Simply Supper, Metropolitan Community Church
George Smith, III
- Reform the Democratic County Central Committee to make it responsive to the needs of ordinary San Franciscans, not big-money campaign contributors.
- Reform campaign finance laws to limit the influence of big business contributions on local elections.
- Protect rent control while working to increase the stock of truly affordable housing in our city.
Robin F. Levitt
- Occupation: Municipal Manager
- Occupation: President, Environmental Nonprofit
- non-profit land and water conservation professional
- President, Telegraph Hill Dwellers neighborhood association
- Member, Port of San Francisco Environmental Quality Advisory Committee
- Steering Committee Member, Save Jackson Square
- San Francisco Bay swimmer (South End Rowing Club)
Alonzo D. Reese
- To broaden citizen participation in electoral politics through a renewed focus on registering Democratic voters and getting them out to vote
- To build and maintain trust and respect for the Democratic Party, its platform, and its endorsed candidates and issues among San Francisco voters
- TO shift focus from taking sides in divisive local races to mobilizing SF as a statewide Democratic powerhouse
- Occupation: Law Firm Administrator
- Occupation: Mental Health Educator
- Occupation: Academic Analyst
- Occupation: Health Policy Consultant
- Environmentalist/ S.F. Tomorrow Board, Audubon Society
- S.F. Rent Board Commissioner appointed by Mayor Brown. Endorsed by Affordable Housing Alliance & Tenants Network, Rent Board President, Comm.Wasserman
- S.F. Health Authority Board, Chair of Public Policy, Co-Founder of Health Plan, Patient Rights Advocate, Founder of Group Health Help
- San Francisco Drug Abuse Advisory Board appointed by Board of Supervisors
- Vice-President of the Alliance for a Better District 6, a non-partisan group promoting candidates, issues and action that will better District 6
- Animal lover. Lives with cats Drucilla & Wilse and birds Florence and & Beau (nightingales) and Aloysuis the ornate lorikeet.
- To reach out and involve rank & file in DCCC's decision making process. Hold monthly DCCC meetings in each District and initiate newsletter.
- To focus the Demcratic Party on social welfare, education, the environment, and good government. Revitalize our commitment and compassion.
- Work for the election of good, progressive democrats who have a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Paul J. "Pablo" Heising
- Occupation: Union Organizer
- Occupation: Street Fair Producer
- Exec. Dir. Haight Streetfair
- Exec. Dir. Castro Streetfair
- Board member Haight Ash. Merchant Assn.
- Member Merchants of upper market and Castro
Shawn P. O'Hearn
- Reform of Demo. party
- More openess in business of Demo. Central Comm.
- More Progressive and aggressive positions by Demo party in S F
- Occupation: Management Assistant at City College of San Francisco
- Bachelor in Political Science from University of San Diego
- Appointed two year term on City's HIV Prevention Planning Council
Scott M. Moore
- Adopt Stronger Campaign Finance Reform Legislation
- Protection and expansion of affordable housing and small business
- Limited chain store growth in residential sectors of the city where they are not wanted.
Dennis J. Herrera
- Occupation: Internet Communications Worker
- Occupation: Maritime Attorney
- Occupation: Software Engineer
- Occupation: Attorney
- Specialties: Civil Rights and Public Law
- Vice President, Democratic Women's Forum
- Former Volunteer- SF Bar Association Homeless Advocacy Project
- Mediator- (certified) to reslove disputes without litigation and make affordable dispute resolution available to all
- Homelessness- to increase the political will to eliminate homelessness- it can be done
- Education- Governor Davis has not yet done enough to combat California's failing public education system
- Environment- to preserve a livable environment to present and future generations
- Occupation: Retired Postal Worker
- Occupation: HIV Services Analyst
- Occupation: Incumbent
- 16 years of independent progressive voting, as an elected member of the San Francisco Democratic Central Committee.
- 22 years as a tenant and a housing activist in San Francisco.
- Co-Chair, Proposition G, The Campaign to Reopen San Francisco's Playground After School
- Member, Steering Commmittee of Proposition M, The Downtown Growth Control Initiative.
- Co-Author, SF Services Plan for Runaway and Homeless Youth.
- Chair, Citizen's Committee on Community Development, 1984-85.
Joe McDaniel, Jr.
- Increased Democratic Party financial support for voter registration in under registered neighborhoods and communities.
- Greater citizen, neighborhood and club participation in the DCCC's decison making process.
- A more public, timely and participatory process for the DCCC's receipt and expenditure of campaign money.
Leslie R. Katz
- Occupation: Attorney at Law
- Occupation: Small Business Owner
R. Scott Durcanin
- Occupation: School Board Member
- Occupation: Financial Advisor
- North Beach Chamber of Commerce- Board Member
- Russian Hill Neighbors- Treasurer and Planning & Zoning Committee
- Telegraph Hill Dwellers- Planning & Zoning Committee
- Small business owner- North Beach Investors
- North Beach Neighbors- New Board Member
- Voter Registration
- Voter Education
- Voter Outreach
- Occupation: Environmental Organizer
- Steering Committee member, SF Environmental Organizing Committee
- Project Director, David Binder Research (work on statewide Dem. campaigns)
- Leader of Yes on E (Muni Reform) and Yes on I (Octavia Boulevard)
- Bilingual tutor in San Franciso Public Schools
- Background in urban redevelopment and planning
- Strengthen the Democratic Party's connection to local voters, which includes effective voter education, voter registration, and voter mobilization.
- Invigorate local Democratic Clubs and provide the resources necessary for these clubs to flourish.
- Powerfully advocate on behalf of progressive public policies that are relevant to all San Franciscans (health care, education, affordability, etc.)
Gwyneth J. Borden
- Occupation: Child Support Investigator
- Occupation: Legislative Aide
- Aide to Supervisor Gavin Newsom
- Worked for U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer ('95-'96)
- Program and Community Gifts Chair and Board Member, Bayview Hunter's Point YMCA
- Member, Bill Bradley for President Unity 2000 Committee
- Vice President, San Francisco Young Democrats
- Active Member, Junior League of San Francisco
- To get more young people and people of color involved in the political process.
- To engage more people in the Democratic Party by conducting voter education and registration.
- To be an advocate on critical issues facing San Francisco (long-term planning concerning housing and transit issues, etc.).
- Occupation: Human Resource Consultant
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.