(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Order is random and changes daily.
- Occupation: Financial Advisor
- SF Taxi Commissioner/Neighborhood Rep.
- President/SF Council of District Merchants Assoc
- President/Polk District Merchants
- Use 20th Century technology to increase voter understanding
- Support issue which preserve SF neighborhoods and businesses
- Support candidates which preserve SF neighborhoods and bussinesses
- Occupation: Purchasing Agent
- Occupation: University Professor
- President of the Juvenille Probation Commission
- Ph.D. University of Washington, Seattle, Washington (Sociology)
- M.A. University of Washington, Seattle, Washington (Sociology)
- B.A. San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California (Major: Sociology, Minor: Anthropology)
- Affordable Housing
- Living Wage
- Improving Public Transportation
Alexander J. Wong
- Occupation: Public Relations Executive
- Occupation: Incumbent
- First Vice Chair, DCCC
- President, Richmond District Democratic Club
- Co-Chair, Asian Pacific Democratic Club
- State Bar Exec. Committee on Workers' Comp.
- Former U.C. Student Regent
- Mayor's Homeless Fund Advisory Committee
- Register/ turn out voters to promote a progressive, Democratic agenda.
- Keep the Democratic Party accessible and responsive to the community.
- Reduce infighting and build coalitions to promote a common agenda.
- Occupation: Civil Rights Attorney
- City Commissioner
- Columbia Law School, J.D.
- U.C. Berkeley, Masters Degree City Planning
- U.C. Berkeley, BA
- Register more young Democrats and retired/senior Democrats.
- Make the Democratic party more active in our community.
- Get Democrats out on election day.
- Occupation: Public Interest Attorney/SF State University Educator
- Past Director, Northern California Coalition for Immigrant Rights
- Educator, Asian American Studies/Ethnic Studies, SF State University
- Labor activist with APALA (Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance)/CFA/CTA
- Social Justice Activist - Board member Media Alliance. Chinese Progressive Association. SF's for Tax Justice. Richmond District Democratic Club
- Founder, Institute for Multiracial Justice, APIforCE (Asians and Pacific Islanders for Community Empowerment) and other groups
- Member of the SF Elections Task Force which lead the effort to bring District Elections back to SF for Nov. 2000
Elaine Collins McBride
- Reform and Democratize the Political System
- Expand the Electorate to Include Historically Disenfranchised Groups
- Build a Diverse Coalition of Working Families/People of Color/Gays & Lesbians and Empower the Neighborhboods
Patrick C. Fitzgerald
- Occupation: Nurse Practitioner/Parent
- Occupation: Rail Transit Consultant
- Associate of Arts degree, City College of San Francisco
- former Corresponding Secertary of San Francisco Democratic Party
- Fair Trade: protectoin of American Jobs and the safeguarding of American Industries
- Saving and enhancing Social Securiy and Medicare
- Public financing of political campaigns as a step towards good, honest, quality government for all
Michael R. Farrah, Jr.
- Occupation: Policeman/Ventriloquist-Puppeteer
- Occupation: Legislative Policy Aide
- Native San Franciscan
- Neighborhood Parks Volunteer
- Legislative Policy Aide to Supervisor Gavin Newsom
- City Wide Democratic Party Convention
- Neignborhood Perspective to County Committee
- Occupation: Tenants Representative
- Use the Internet to register, organize and eductate voters. Attract more young voters, seniors and people normally shut out of the political process.
- Coordinate and help implement programs that bring computers and technology mentoring to economically disadvantaged groups in San Francisco
- Help maintain the county committee as a city-wide unifying body under the system of district elections.
- Occupation: College Educational Supervisor
- Member, Executive Board, Calif. Democratic Party
- Past President, Raoul Wallenberg Jewish Democratic Club
- Future Chapter Director, Sierra Club (starting 3/8/00)
- Member, CDP Environmental Caucus
- To make sure the Democratic Nominee for President caries California in November (I am supporting Bill Bradley in the Primary)
- To promote COMMUNITY SERVICE from within the Democratic Party
- To increase voter registration efforts in under-represented areas
- Occupation: Benefits Coordinator
- President, Excelsior District Improvement Association
- Secretary, District 11 Democratic Club
- Chair, Government & Elections Committee
- Coalition for San Francisco Neighborhoods
Marjorie Ann Williams
- Bring a neighborhood perspective to the DCCC
- Register new Democrats
- Futher the Agenda of the Democratic Party
- Occupation: Member, San Francisco Democratic Central Committee
- CEO / Consultant Dynamic Development Associates
- Career / Personnel Development Specialist
- Change Management Specialist
- Welfare to Work Trainer
- Equal Employment Opportunity Officer
- Personnelist and Community Activist
- Living Wage
- Affordable Housing
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.