(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Prosecutor
- Former Judge, Municpal Court of California
- Chief Deputy District Attorney, Santa Cruz County
- Chief Deputy District Attorney, Sacramento
- Frmr. Ex. Dir. Calif. District Attorneys. Assn
Ronald L. Ruiz
- Properly enforce Domestic Violence laws to protect women
- Fairly and independently enforce laws for all crimes
- Return D.A. office to respectability and put on good course
- Occupation: Santa Cruz County District Attorney
Peter A. Chang, Jr.
- Promoting the Public Safety
- Prevention of Youth & Domestic Violence
- Protecting Seniors from Elder Abuse and Enforcing Environmental Laws more Aggressively.
- Occupation: Attorney at Law
- Twice elected District Attorney of Santa Cruz County
- Listed in register of pre-eminent lawyers published by Martindale-Hubbell, the only recognized rating service
- Stanford Law School, Walter Haas Scholar
- Tenure as District Attorney described as "uncommonly able prosecutor" and "turned the office into the best such [offices] in the state."
- I do not believe in the death penalty and will not apply it if elected
- Hiring bright, enlightened trial attorneys
- Concentrate on those who would harm society, not victimless crimes
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Santa Cruz County Sentinel
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.