(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: EDUCATOR/BUSINESSMAN/ENVIRONMENTALIST
- Graduate of Campbell Grammar & High Schools, San Jose State Univerity - B.A./M.A
- Served as a teacher, Vice-Prin. & Summer Sch. Prin. - Cambrian Sch. Dist. 34 years, Pres. California Teachers Association for 4 terms
- Past Pres.West S.J. Kiwanis Club & Pres. Villas of Almaden Homeowners Assoc. & Pres. Italian American Heritage Foundation
- Role Model Program - '96 Distinguished Role Model, West Valley Citizen Air Watch, San Jose Library 2020 Task Force,S.C.C.Sister-Cty.Com.Florence,Italy
- Led the fight for stable school funding and lower class size, without raising taxes through the passage of Proposition 98
- Educational Consultant who specializes in quality employer/employee non-adversial negotiation training & facilitation
David W. "Dave" Poeschel
- Working to preserve, protect and manage our OPEN SPACE of Coyote Valley, East Foothills and South County.
- Passage/Implementation of two important environmental measures that will have a positive impact on our quality of life - Propositions 12 & 13
-  Be a positive leader and advocate on the OPA that fosters trust, understanding and mutual respect among all constituents.
- Occupation: Engineer, Hewlett-Packard Co.
- Open Space Authority Citizens Advisory Committee
- Former Park & Recreation Commissioner, City of San Jose
- Numerous Community Service Activities - Named Neighborhoods First! Volunteer of the Year (1996) by San Jose City Councilmember Pat Dando
- Open space advocate for many years including efforts to protect open space on IBM lands, as part of the Alviso Master Plan, at Boulder Ridge, and more
- Age 37 and lives in San Jose with wife and daughter
- Born and raised in Northern California
- Stretch funding dollars through wise management and use of conservation easements and sharing of resources between the OSA and other jurisdictions.
- Bring Prop. 12 statewide dollars home to SC County by aggressively pursuing statewide grants for the protection of oak woodlands, creeks, and other.
- Preserve open space in Coyote Valley and South Almaden Valley by acting now on development of master plans.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
SJ Mercury News
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.