LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Santa Clara County, CA
March 7, 2000 Election
Member, City Council; City of San Jose; District 6|
4 Year Term.
Results as of Mar 28 5:01pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (64/64)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Teacher/College Trustee
Jim M. Spence
- Occupation: Mother/Educator
- Occupation: San Jose Police Sergeant
- Police Officer with the City of San Jose for 29 yrs.
- A Police Sergeant for 18 yrs. and currently in charge of the officers wortking in the District 6 area
Michael A. "Mike" Borquez
- Recruiting, training, equiping, educating and maintaning the high quality of our public safety personnel and equipment is a top priority.
- Transportation- need to connect public and private modes into a connected commute system.
- Affordable housing for residents and teachers that keep our economy growing and our children educated.
- Occupation: Mortgage Banker/Father
- San Jose Arts Commissioner
- San Jose Veterans Commissioner
- Improve traffic flows in and around Valley Fair
- Advance Technology in City Government
- Preserve Neighborhood Heritage and Integrity
- Occupation: Businessman/Television Producer
- Occupation: Retired Health Advisor
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- District 6 Candidates Forum
- Monday, Feb. 28, 7 PM
Rose Garden Library
1580 Naglee Avenue
SJ Mercury News
Willow Glen Resident
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 13, 2000 02:36
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.