(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Frank A. Scotto
- Occupation: Director, Seniors Program
- Torrance City Commissioner, 2 Terms
- President of the North Torrance Homeowners' Association
- President of AARP, Torrance Chapter
- Torrance City Strategic Planning Committee, 2 Terms
- Named Citizen of the Year by both the YMCA and the Southern California Lions Club
Paul M. Nowatka
- Improve traffic flow on Hawthorne and Crenshaw
- Incorporating her "Shop Torrance" plan to support local sales tax income.
- Better and quicker telephone communication between city staff and residents.
- Occupation: Retired Torrance Police Lieutenant
- Law Enforcement Facilitator for the Museum of Tolerance
- Torrance Community Services Commissioner
- Member of the Citizens Oversight Committee for Facilities in the Torrance Unified School District
- Masters Degree in Public Administration
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Torrance Coordinating Council
- Member of the Salvation Army Torrance Corps Advisory Board
Hazel N. Taniguchi
- Make public safety throughout Torrance a top priority.
- Be an independent Council Member who is available and responsive to all residents of Torrance.
- Build strong city-school-business partnerships.
- Occupation: Real Estate Management & Broker Associate
- Bachelor's Degree, University of Colorado
- Master's Degree, University of California at Berkeley
- Appointed by Governor Wilson & Governor Davis to the Library of California Board
- Torrance Cultural Arts Commissioner
- Vice-President, La Terrazza Homeowners Association
- Former Librarian at USC & Hughes Aircraft
Glenn R. Tanner
- Opposes Prop 26
- Give our Police and Fire Department the resources they need to stay #1
- Improve relations between the City and our school district to expand joint efforts to save money and improve education
- Occupation: Business Owner
- Former founder and owner, Stadler & Jensen Moving
- Develop School District and City partnerships
- Accelerate the repair of our streets and sidewalks
- Maintain our excellent city police and fire departments
- Occupation: Independent Small Businessman
- President Torrance Rotary 2000-2001
- Salvation Army Advisory Board
- Civil Service Commissioner
- A.Y.S.O. Region 15 Reginal Commissioner
- Maintain our Police, Fire and safety services.
- Balance all future growth with the existing community.
- Always be accessible to our residents and businesses.
- Occupation: Small Business Owoner
- Member of Torrance City Council, 1982-1994
- District aide to Congresswoman Jane Harman, 1994-1998
- Owner of Mark Wirth Telecom
- B.A. Political Science, Cal State Dominguez Hills
David Paul Hill
Charles Michel Deemer
- Keep Torrance a balanced city
- Bring experience to the City Council
- Improve traffic conditions
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Torrance Daily Breeze
Daily Breeze's Profiles of the Candidates
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.