(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Development Director
- Former City Council Member
- Former Executive Director, Downtown Association of Fresno
- Leadership Fresno, Alumni and Steering Committee Member
- Friends of the Library, Board Member
- Fresno Convention & Visitors Bureau, Former Board Member
- Fresno Native and 28 Year RSuesident of District 2
- Support Planned Growth to Preserve Neighorhoods and Our Agricultural Based Economy
- Promotion of New Business and Job Creation
- Reestablish the Credibility of the Council and Regain the Public Trust
- Occupation: Educator/Teacher
- Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate Degrees
- Married, two children
- Employed by Fresno CIty College
- Racine County (Wisconsin) Board of Supervisors
- Wisconsin State Adult Educator of the Year
- Numerous Published Articles
Bryn Allison Forhan
- Financial Security for Our Families
- Respect for Our Community
- Education Excellence for Our Citizens
- Occupation: Hospital Executive
- Lifelong resident of Fresno
- Hoover High School Valedictorian
- UCLA graduate with honors
- Member of American Council of Young Political Leaders, International Exchange Program
Tony A. Jaglassian
- A strong local economy
- Safe Neighborhoods
- Conserving our tax dollars
- Occupation: Business Owner/Rancher
- Occupation: Salesman
- Born and raised in Fresno. A lifelong resident.
- Served in the Navy and the Marine Corps.
- Raising three children and being a family man I have great interest in the city.
- A salesman most of my life, I know how to listen and make decisions.
- Accountability - Leadership - Integrity.
- Reduce urban spraw -Keep the value in our homes by reducing unnecessary developments.
- Maintain our city -be a fiscal watchdog. To make sure our hard earned dollars are not wasted.
- Bring cooperation, civility, and leadership back to City Hall by working as a full-time council member.
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
- Candidate Forum sponsored by LWV-Fresno and CFIG taped at MediaOne reshown on Channel 14:
Feb 10-8:30PM, Feb 14-5:00PM, Feb 22-5:00PM, Feb 24-8:30PM, March 2-8:30PM, March 3-5:00PM, March 6-7:00PM
- Candidate Forum on Channel 30, Saturday, Feb 26, 9:30AM
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.
- The Fresno Bee
- Five face voters, issues in Fresno City Council District 2
- 2/26/00 - City races uncorking spending