LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS
Alameda County, CA
March 7, 2000 Election
For Councilmember, At Large; City of Oakland|
Results as of Mar 22 4:24pm, 100.0% of Precincts Reporting (278/278)|
(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Henry Chang, Jr.
Rebecca Dawn Kaplan
- Occupation: Vice Mayor/Architect
- Occupation: Community Organizer/Attorney
- Education: B.S. (Phi Beta Kappa) MIT -- psychology/women's studies
- M.A. Urban and Environmental Policy, Tufts University
- J.D. (with distinction) Stanford Law School
- Experience in state and local government, and community activism
- * Intelligence * Integrity * Dedication * Creativity *
- Local economic vitality -- support thriving local businesses and jobs which pay a living wage -- support unions
- Promote affordable HOUSING and protect tenants by enacting "just cause" for eviction
- Increase public transit, bicycle and pedestrian access.
- Occupation: Public Policy Analyst
- Bank and Insurance Industry Expert
- Researcher and Writer
- Talk Show Host
- Urban Consumer Advocate
- Small Business Development Activist
- Law Student
- Expand Business Development Opportunities For All Oaklanders
- Create Resources to Rebuild Effective Oakland Public Schools
- Form a Public Safety Agenda that Focuses on Prevention
- Occupation: Railroad Conductor
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.|
Home (Ballot Lookup)
About Smart Voter
Created: April 13, 2000 02:35
Smart Voter 2000 <http://www.smartvoter.org/>
Copyright © 2000
League of Women Voters of California Education Fund.
The League of Women Voters neither supports nor
opposes candidates for public office or political parties.