(Vote for 2)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Retired HS teacher
- Education: BS in Education
- I am a retired teacher who has spent the past ten years working with the Forest Hills Schools
- Nine of my children have graduated from area schools
- I have the time, background and experience to give to this position
- To preserve the tradition of excellence in Forest Hills Schools
- The wise use of district funds to accomplish this goal
- To listen to the school-related concerns of the community
- Occupation: Retired teacher
- Education: BA Smith College, M Ed. Xavier University
- 35 years in District
- 3 years teacher Indian Hill Middle School
- 5 years substitute teacher Forest Hills Schools, also substitute in Cincinnati Public Schools
- 18 years Learning Disability Tutor Anderson H.S.
- 6 children - all Anderson H.S. graduates
- Re-emphasize basics (phonics, grammar, spelling, math facts, geography, American Heritage)
- Re-emphasize traditional moral values (scrutinize curriculum, textbooks, etc.)
- Limit taxes to essential expenditures
- Occupation: CEO, international consulting firm
- Education: BS '69, MA '74 Ball State University; EdD '77, Indiana University
- Involved father of third grade daughter and fifth grade son in FHSD school
- active school, community volunteer
- local business owner and ceo
- experienced nonprofit board member; leadership coach; public school product
- former high school teacher; and doctorate in education (IU '77).
- Attracting, retaining and rewarding excellent teachers for creative and inspirational learning.
- Insuring adequate resources, environment, and optimal class size for effective learning.
- Addressing drug problems and related school safety and security issues.
- Occupation: Volunteer, Homemaker, Former Educator
- Education: MS Education Indiana Univesity; MS School Administration Xavier University
- Involved in education and leadership positions for over twenty-five years working and volunteering pre-school through college.
- Incumbent has practical knowledge of school administration, current information regarding curiculum, finance, law and legislation.
- Known for focus on children, work wthic and enthusiasm.
- Focus on Academic Achievement.
- Monitor Safety and Security of Students and Staff.
- Indentify Strengths as well as Weaknesses in the Forst Hills School District.
- Occupation: Partner at Frost & Jacobs-Patent Attorney
- BS Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering '77 University of Missouri; J.D. Duke University School of Law '80
- Father of Nagel Middle School student
- PTA Friend of Children Award Recipient
- Boy Scout leader with 3 troops and 1 pack in Anderson
- Board of Directors of Wildwood Christian Education and Conference Center
- Republican Precinct Executive
Gary W. Seibert
- Reducing class size at all grade levels so teachers can provide every student with effective instruction and individual attention.
- Guaranteeing that the middle group of "average" students receives the same amount of attention and quality instruction as "protected" student groups.
- Focusing on the fundamentals of education in math, science, reading, and writing at each grade level.
- Occupation: Production Mgr. Sterling Materials
- Education: Anderson H.S./Morehead State BS
- I have 8 years experience on the Forest Hills Board of Education
- I am a lifelong resident of Forest Hills School District
- I have always made a point to listen to the concerns of the voters in our district
- High quality of education
- Equality for all students
- Financial responsibility to the community
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
Candidates Answer Questions|
The has asked
all candidates for this office to respond to
3 questions on charter schools, special needs students, and proficiency tests.
News and Analysis
The Cincinnati Enquirer
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.