(Vote for 3)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: youth adviser, school volunteer
- B.S. , Occupational Therapy
- Parent, with two children enrolled in public school
Gary A. Lopez
- Sound Academic Standards at each level...accountability to standards in core curriculum and ending social promotion
- Character Education...partnering with families in fostering basic virtues such as honesty, respect, perseverance, courage, and compassion.
- Campus Safety...providing a safe and secure learning environment that includes active intervention for at-risk students.
- Occupation: Captain, Modesto Fire Department.
- Education: California State Fire Marshall Officer school, public high school.
- Public service: 18 years on the Modesto Fire Department.
- Activities: Active in the Sober Graduation, Big Brother, and Special Olympics programs.
- Personal: My wife and I have two daughters in kindergarten and 1st grade at local public schools.
Odessa P. Johnson
- My first priority is reducing class size in the early grades. Ensuring early reading is the best way to prevent later problems.
- Second, we must ensure school safety. I will put my years of exerience in public safety and prevention to work in our schools.
- Third, we must improve the links between schools and good jobs. I favor public-private partnerships to help kids explore and prepare for good careers.
- Occupation: Junior College Administrator
- M.S. Degree - Business Education - Columbia University, New York
- B.S. Degree - Business Education - Tennessee State University
- Regent for the University of California
- Dean of Community Education, Modesto Junior College
- Instructor & Counselor, Modesto Junior College
- Teacher & Counselor,Modesto High School
Robert James "Bob" Jackson
- Improving the College Going Rate
- Insuring School Safety
- Recruiting and Retaining Top Quality Teachers
- Occupation: Retired high school teacher
- BA University of Denver
- MA in Political Science, University of Iowa
John N. Uhl
- Implement new state requirements
- Increase test scores
- Provide space for srtudents a rapidly growing district
(This candidate has not
responded to Smart Voter)
- Occupation: Teacher
- Bachelor of Science in Education in Social Science
- Master of Science in Education Administration, and California Education Administration Credential
- California Clear Single Subject Teaching Credential, Authorized Field: Social Science
- Over twenty-three years of teaching experience, taught in Middle School, High School, and now I teach Adult Education
- Two years of experience as a Correctional Peace Officer for the California Department of Corrections
- Happy parent of two children
- Safer and Secure schools, and Classroom environments that are conducive to learning.
- To give students the opportunities to have academic success
- To buid a new high school that provides technical/ vocational education
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis|
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.