(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
- Occupation: Architect
- Age 53. Married, wife Judy, and four children.
- Public Service: City Council (1995 - present), Planning Commission (1990-1995), Board of Zoning Adjustment (1982-1989)
- Education: University of Arizona, B.Arch (1974-1979); UC Santa Barbara, BA-Zoology (1966-1968)
- Civic Activity: Modesto Lions Club, STANCO Board Member
- Military Service: US Air Force, Captain-Navigator/Silver Star Recipient (1969-1974)
- Economic Development
- Public Safety
- Cultural & Recreational Venues
- Occupation: Public Advocacy Consultant
- Community and environment activist; participant in the process of local government on behalf of the public for the past nine years.
- Longtime advocate of farmland preservation, with special attention to the financial needs of individual landowners.
- Coordinator of Rally for the Valley. Member of the Farmland Working Group.
- Past or present board member of many community and environmental groups including Stanislaus Taxpayers Assoc., GOAL, State Theater, Ecology Action
- Citizen's Advisory Committee of SAAG; Modesto Citizen's Advisory Committee on Recycling
- Petitioner in recent successful legal action against Diablo Grande, to uphold State Enviornmental planning laws and insure adequate water supply.
- Open government. Work to provide for meaningful and open dialogue with the public, regular and well-publicized government meetings and activities.
- Farmland preservation.
- Public vote on public debt and honoring public advisory votes on growth.
(This candidate has not
responded to Smart Voter)
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.