(Vote for 1)
Click on a candidate name for more information.
Richard A. Lang
(This candidate has not
responded to Smart Voter)
- Occupation: Restaurant Owner
- I have lived in Modesto since 1955, and I am a graduate of California State College Stanislaus.
- I taught school here for 30 years - 26 years at Beyer High and four years at Downey High.
- I have been in the restaurant business for 30 years, and have owned and operated a downtown Modesto restaurant for the past 22 years.
- I have been affiliated with Rotary and the Breakfast Lions in Modesto, and I am a founder of the Modesto Basketball Association.
- To re-direct City resources to providing basic services, such as street repair.
- To restore the City to fiscal solvency.
- To serve as a watchdog in City Hall in order to hold the line on fees and taxes.
- Preserve and protect farm land while planning and providing for the anticipated growth
- Tackle the methamphetamine problem
- Attract better paying jobs
- Occupation: Retired businessman, retail & banking
- 2l year Modesto resident
- Married 37 years with 2 children raised in Modesto
- U.S. Marine Corps, l953-l957
- Public safety
- Infrastructure needs
- Land use
Basic candidate data supplied by the County elections official. Any additional information supplied by the candidate.
Order of candidates is random and changes daily.
News and Analysis
Links to sources outside of Smart Voter are provided for information only and do not imply endorsement.